Newbie - who didn't follow the rules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lorcas

• 297 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi there everyone! My name is Angela and I am planning a destination wedding (or trying to, with trying being the key word ). Looking to have a date set SOON...mid to end of May 2014 is what we are shooting for.

I joined this forum, and never introduced myself which I am sorry for! Haha

I am considering Secrets Maroma Beach, but have not fully committed. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed which is why I turned to this forum.

Any help would be appreciated and I am fully looking forward to joining in the conversations here. :)

#2 ucfjennifer

• 185 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
    • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to the forum! There are sooo many great and helpful threads! Good luck and happy planning! :)

#3 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

hi there! welcome to BDW. Jennifer is right - this forum has a TON of great info for planning and ideas. Secrets Maroma is in a beautiful area - we saw it when we were out snorkeling on an excursion. 

Have fun, and happy planning! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 darball16

• 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

Welcome Angela....Congrats....try not to be overwhelmed. Is it because you aren't 100% sure of where you want to get married....or because there are soooo many options....(which there is) and not sure what to pick. Take your time.....take notes...figure out what is important to you and your future hubby...and look at the different/or specific resorts and see if it meets your criteria. My Godchild had her Honeymoon at Secrets Maroma.....they were so shocked at how beautiful...it was. The service...the food...the overall feeling. You will know...when you found the right place.

#5 lorcas

• 297 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thank you all!

I think i am 98% there (choosing resort - Secrets Maroma Beach).

I was weighing the options against Excellence Riviera Cancun, but it seems I will get more included things with the packages at SMB. 

Both resorts are gorgeous, but this is a deciding factor for me. My budget is not the biggest .

I am extremely excited to say that my mother has offered to pay for my dress and is therefore coming to visit me for MDW. I live in Baltimore, and she lives in Florida, so this is going to be tough with having a time constraint for the dress try-ons. Needless to say I have booked several appointments to try some on starting with this coming Friday! Wish me luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users