Photo

ROR Slide Shows

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hi Ladies! Our friends are putting together a slide show for our wedding that we were hoping to show at our reception at ROR. This cost is $350 to rent a projector and screen!!!! Crazy! Anybody else have any experience with this and any ideas on still showing the slide show but at less expense? Thanks!!!!!
    Jocelyn & Cory
    RIU Ocho Rios

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

No ideas, but your pup is soo adorable.. That's my two cents, from one Boston lover to another.. :-)

#3 Sharonie

Sharonie
      • 557 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

That is crazy. We're doing the same thing and my resort will set up the projector and screen for no extra cost.

#4 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
        • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TammyB
          No ideas, but your pup is soo adorable.. That's my two cents, from one Boston lover to another.. :-)
          Ha ha ha! And so is your BT! Love his hat!!! Samson doesn't like dressing up so much, but whatevs! I love BT's!
          Jocelyn & Cory
          RIU Ocho Rios

#5 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
          • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sharonie
            That is crazy. We're doing the same thing and my resort will set up the projector and screen for no extra cost.
            Really? I know I think it is over the top and really for probably 20 minutes! I love slideshows at weddings and now I don't really know if it's worth that much money! RIU apparently doesn't have a projector so they have to rent it from someone. Maybe they should just buy one for future weddings....maybe I'll throw that out there and see what she says.
            Jocelyn & Cory
            RIU Ocho Rios

#6 kiki

kiki
            • Banned
            • 170 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

They are stealing ppls money...it prob cost them less then 1/2 that price to rent one!!! I hate that!

#7 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

Slideshow is pretty popular for weddings, I'm surprised they don't have the equipment already. You should suggest them to buy one for future brides as well. lol

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jaychristensen
                  Ha ha ha! And so is your BT! Love his hat!!! Samson doesn't like dressing up so much, but whatevs! I love BT's!
                  That's one of them. I have two actually and I volunteer with a Boston Terrier rescue group, so we also have a foster with us as well.. My boys don't like to get dressed up either but I like to torture them from time to time,, lol

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

Hey Jocelyn! Good to see you on here!
                    I know that this is NOWHERE near as fun as having a projector and screen.... but you could always just use a laptop. I know, it sucks compared to your vision!

Ooh, or do you think ROR would let us BOTH rent it and just split the cost, since we're only a few days off? Probably not....just a thought though!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                    • 802 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

where would they set this up? At the restaurant during your reception (Because I thought that both restaurants were outside?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users