Jump to content

Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)


  • Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#271 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • Member
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

So I finally bit the bullet and went to my May WW weigh-in. I probably would have put it off until the very last day of the month, but we have to leave town to attend a funeral in BC so I had to go today.

 

I picked my absolutely lightest clothes possible this morning and was careful to not chug too much water before going in for the weigh-in. The result: I'm down a few lbs from the beginning of April and I was under my WW goal (so I didn't have to pay). Yahoo! I still have about 6 more lbs I'd like to lose before our wedding day, so even though progress is slow for these last few pounds thankfully I'm still on the right track!

 

I may or may not be having a little treat now though. Whoops.

Great job on the weight loss hunnie!! My last 7lbs won't budge, my doc said its your body fighting to keep the fat on LOL

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

I think I am going to hide my scale expect for the once a week weigh ins to follow this program and just go by results in pics/measurements etc.

 

I will start the squat challenge ( again) june 1 lol ill even try and do it while im in vegas in june hahahah

 

base on what you see and feel not so much by scale.. learning so much from this book lol

YAY for squat challenge, I finished mine this morning!! I'm going to look up that book today and read it

Originally Posted by Tonia Bruyns 

I'm finding the whole exercise thing very difficult. Almost every day of the week I work 2 jobs, so I leave my place at 7am and don't get home until after 10pm. I'm able to squeeze in about a 40 minute workout during my lunch at my day job and one evening a week I play ultimate frisbee (so much running lol).  But I've been working out almost 5 days a week since January, and my measurements and weight don't seem to be budging. I am seeing some results from squats and running in my legs and butt area, but my tummy is definitely my trouble area... any ideas for quick workouts?? I want a gym membership but have no time to use it, and during the day I sit at a desk most of the time.. blah. he lady I go to the gym with has already lost 10 pounds.. I am finding it super unmotivating.. any advice or tips would be awesome! You ladies sound like you are doing great!

Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, buy it at walmart for $10 it's 20mins long. You can fit it in anywhere and you just need some light dumbells, I lost about 10 inches off of that program alone. Than try her Ripped in 30, it's also 20mins but a bit more advanced. After that I did her 6 week 6 pack, that's 30mins long and her Killer buns and thighs

Originally Posted by triciab 

I love this thread. I did the same thing although I ended up buying my dress from Macys...in 3 different sizes...all smaller than I am right now....since I can return them for up to a year I figure this way I have some options although maybe if I just had one dress I would be more motivated??

 

I've started going to the gym more but for me, it's all about the food too. I lost 30 lbs on WW a few years ago and I think I may have to start going back to meetings to keep myself on track. I use myfitnesspal.com right now to track and even though it says to eat 1200 calories per day, I think they only way I can lose the 30 lbs I want to by September would be to eat 1000 calories per day :/

 

Anyhow, glad I found this thread!! Love the ideas and hearing what other brides are doing!

I'm on myfitnesspal but I don't follow the 1,200 calories....I set it for what the scooby calculator said I should be eating at and once I did that I dropped weight quicker. Google  the scooby thing, its free and you plug in all the stuff and it gives you better estimates.

Originally Posted by ucfjennifer 

I love this thread! I haven't started dress shopping yet. I think i'm a little scared of what they will look like on me right now. I'm only 5 feet and need to lose 20-25lbs to get to my happy weight. I'm about 2 weeks into the Insanity program and the ab/squat challenges. I'm trying to stay motivated, but the nutrition is my downfall!

I did insanity!!! Loved it, great job girl



#272 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
  • Member
  • 503 posts

    Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

    Yup, so definitely need to get back into a fitness regime. It is finally warm up enough here to break out the capri's...... and at least mine from last year fit. But I was secretly hoping they wouldn't (that they would be too big!), but at least they aren't too small!

     

    So..... now it's game on. Warm weather = no reason to be a lazy, slob anymore!
     



    #273 moodyc82

    moodyc82
    • Member
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

    Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

    Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

    Yup, so definitely need to get back into a fitness regime. It is finally warm up enough here to break out the capri's...... and at least mine from last year fit. But I was secretly hoping they wouldn't (that they would be too big!), but at least they aren't too small!

     

    So..... now it's game on. Warm weather = no reason to be a lazy, slob anymore!
     

    You can do it girl! It's hot here this week too.....I was shocked when I put on my shorts from last year and they're all too big but sad I need to go buy new ones uuugh more money down the drain! LOL



    #274 Jenny2014

    Jenny2014
    • Member
    • 503 posts

      Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

      Originally Posted by moodyc82 

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

      Yup, so definitely need to get back into a fitness regime. It is finally warm up enough here to break out the capri's...... and at least mine from last year fit. But I was secretly hoping they wouldn't (that they would be too big!), but at least they aren't too small!

       

      So..... now it's game on. Warm weather = no reason to be a lazy, slob anymore!
       

      You can do it girl! It's hot here this week too.....I was shocked when I put on my shorts from last year and they're all too big but sad I need to go buy new ones uuugh more money down the drain! LOL


      Yeah, it was a bit of a relief that I could at least wear them to work.... but I am dying to have a reason to go buy new clothes. FI is so annoyed with me because everytime we go out, he buys something for work, or casual and I don't buy anything. And he knows I actually like some of the styles out this year, so he gets mad I don't buy anything. But I refuse to buy fat clothes anymore. I know I will feel better about myself if I am wearing clothes I like... but I just cannot justify buying clothes I have no intention of being able to fit into next month. We aren't ballers, we don't have that kind of money to just throw away so I "feel" better about myself!



      #275 Tonia Bruyns

      Tonia Bruyns
      • Newbie
      • 105 posts

        Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

        Originally Posted by ironman 

        Hi Tonia,

         

        I just moved away from Ottawa, and miss it so much! I've finished 3 ironman triathlons and I've found no matter how much exercise/training I'm doing it doesn't matter. For me it's all about what I put in my body that makes all the difference. I became a lifetime member at Weight Watchers back in 2007, and after a few years of not going I've started up again and it's helped me drop 9lbs in the last 3 months. Not a huge loss, but every bit helps. Personally, it's the junk food and booze that puts me over the top and seems to add belly fat. From what I've experienced, if you follow their plan, it works. You can even download free (or pretty cheap) apps that do the same thing. I've used iTrackBites and found it worked well. It calculates "bites" instead of points because I think that's trademarked, but it does it the same way (based on protein, carbs, fat, fibre). I personally enjoy the accountability that in-person weigh-in provides, but I know a few people who have had success with apps and their online program as well.

        Hey!

         

        Yeah I love Ottawa :) I moved here 6 years ago and met my fiance shortly after. I'm also starting to think that it is more about the food I'm eating... I'm trying to be more conscious about what I put in my body, but with my crazy work schedule I really don't have the time to cook at home and make lunch and dinner for my days I'm not home until after 10. I am def going to try the videos that Moodyc82 has suggested, and work harder at the gym and in the kitchen to prepare better meals that keep me full and don't make me buy junk at work!



        #276 hezmshaw

        hezmshaw
        • Jr. Member
        • 223 posts

          Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

          Ugh!! I have so mich weight to go, I've been eating well and working out, nothing really lost for like two weeks! A half pound, big whoop! The odd cheat here and there but really nothing terrible, and those days I work out!! BODY, LET IT GO GIRL! The chub has to go!! Sincerely, me. I've been drinking way less calories but I think part of my problem is I haven't really replace it with water, or at least not enough water..... Starting today, I'm gonna drink water like its nobody's business!!

          #277 Jenny2014

          Jenny2014
          • Member
          • 503 posts

            Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

            Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

            BODY, LET IT GO GIRL!
            The chub has to go!!

            Sincerely,
            me.
             

            Motto of our little group right here!



            #278 moodyc82

            moodyc82
            • Member
            • 614 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
            • LocationNJ

            Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

            Originally Posted by Jenny2014 


            Yeah, it was a bit of a relief that I could at least wear them to work.... but I am dying to have a reason to go buy new clothes. FI is so annoyed with me because everytime we go out, he buys something for work, or casual and I don't buy anything. And he knows I actually like some of the styles out this year, so he gets mad I don't buy anything. But I refuse to buy fat clothes anymore. I know I will feel better about myself if I am wearing clothes I like... but I just cannot justify buying clothes I have no intention of being able to fit into next month. We aren't ballers, we don't have that kind of money to just throw away so I "feel" better about myself!

            I'm the same way, I buy like 2 pairs of pants that fit and thats it b/c I know I won't stay that size for a long time and I don't have money to be throwing away like that and I refuse to keep my fat clothes.

            Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

            Ugh!! I have so mich weight to go, I've been eating well and working out, nothing really lost for like two weeks! A half pound, big whoop!

            The odd cheat here and there but really nothing terrible, and those days I work out!!

            BODY, LET IT GO GIRL!
            The chub has to go!!

            Sincerely,
            me.

            I've been drinking way less calories but I think part of my problem is I haven't really replace it with water, or at least not enough water..... Starting today, I'm gonna drink water like its nobody's business!!

            Try putting fruit in your water or having green tea alone, might help with the more water thing. I have a 32oz water bottle I keep at work and i make sure I drink one before lunch and one after. That's 8 glasses right there and than I drink more when I get home

            Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

            Motto of our little group right here!

            Hell yeah



            #279 DANIELLE03

            DANIELLE03
            • Jr. Member
            • 413 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
            • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

            Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

            Originally Posted by moodyc82 

            I'm the same way, I buy like 2 pairs of pants that fit and thats it b/c I know I won't stay that size for a long time and I don't have money to be throwing away like that and I refuse to keep my fat clothes.

            Try putting fruit in your water or having green tea alone, might help with the more water thing. I have a 32oz water bottle I keep at work and i make sure I drink one before lunch and one after. That's 8 glasses right there and than I drink more when I get home

            Hell yeah

            I hear you on the fat clothes. I have only kept the pants and shirt that I started my weight loss journey in. Other then that I have got rid of everything. I need to do a clean of my closet again because nothing fits. I went and bought 2 new tank tops tuesday and a sheer shirt, I bought the sheer shirt in a lg, I could easily fit a medium or small but I liked how it looked a bit loose, with how i envision it with shorts ( even tho i have thunder thighs) lol But my bf likes em I think? ahahah

             

            I drink a lot of water some days and sometimes Ill driink only 1L 

             

            @hezmshaw losing half a lb to a lb a week is goo dbecause you are losing pure fat, and not lean body mass. Sorry guys this is my new obsession so im going to be a wealth of information soon. Im almost done reading the book!



            #280 moodyc82

            moodyc82
            • Member
            • 614 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
            • LocationNJ

            Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

            Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

            I hear you on the fat clothes. I have only kept the pants and shirt that I started my weight loss journey in. Other then that I have got rid of everything. I need to do a clean of my closet again because nothing fits. I went and bought 2 new tank tops tuesday and a sheer shirt, I bought the sheer shirt in a lg, I could easily fit a medium or small but I liked how it looked a bit loose, with how i envision it with shorts ( even tho i have thunder thighs) lol But my bf likes em I think? ahahah

             

            I drink a lot of water some days and sometimes Ill driink only 1L 

             

            @hezmshaw losing half a lb to a lb a week is goo dbecause you are losing pure fat, and not lean body mass. Sorry guys this is my new obsession so im going to be a wealth of information soon. Im almost done reading the book!


            I have big thighs bc I ran track in high school, I've learned to deal with them lol






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users