Jump to content
hezmshaw

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

Recommended Posts

Lol. I think I'm going to re-think packing. Ok, it's time for "Pack it light, pack it right" challenge! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Icis View Post

 

Lol. I think I'm going to re-think packing. Ok, it's time for "Pack it light, pack it right" challenge! :)

LOL I'm the queen at packing.....seriously you wouldn't believe what I fit in a carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies.....need some imput....Do you think it is cheaper to DIY invites or just pay someone to make them??? The ones I really fell in love with is a passport invite that is $5.10 per passport with a min of 30 required to purchase and only sold in sets of 10. BUT the shipping is $34.63....so the total for 30 would be $187.63. The other ones that I liked are boarding pass ones that are $5.50 a piece and $10 for shipping....which would come to $175. I just feel like this is a lot of money for 30 invites and that I can either see what staples or kinko's would charge and than see if I printed them myself....only problem with me doing it is having to get the stuff to cut them. But what if I printed them and brought them somewhere to be cut?! Trying to save as much as possible :(

 

Cindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Ladies.....need some imput....Do you think it is cheaper to DIY invites or just pay someone to make them??? The ones I really fell in love with is a passport invite that is $5.10 per passport with a min of 30 required to purchase and only sold in sets of 10. BUT the shipping is $34.63....so the total for 30 would be $187.63. The other ones that I liked are boarding pass ones that are $5.50 a piece and $10 for shipping....which would come to $175. I just feel like this is a lot of money for 30 invites and that I can either see what staples or kinko's would charge and than see if I printed them myself....only problem with me doing it is having to get the stuff to cut them. But what if I printed them and brought them somewhere to be cut?! Trying to save as much as possible :(

 

Cindy

I did my own invites. We got 100 free invite cards from our TA, I might have a pic somewhere and then we just added a insert into it that we made our selves :) We have to send out a few "formal" invites to Realtives in Jamaica, so I went and got those invite kits that are at michaels and it was 90% off ! so I got it for 4$ and we just have to put our little spiel on there and send it!

 

I bet you can do the passport invites realitively cheap on your own(if you have the time) and either try cutting em your self with a razor or a crafting knife or take them. I bet it will still be cheaper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 View Post

 

I did my own invites. We got 100 free invite cards from our TA, I might have a pic somewhere and then we just added a insert into it that we made our selves :) We have to send out a few "formal" invites to Realtives in Jamaica, so I went and got those invite kits that are at michaels and it was 90% off ! so I got it for 4$ and we just have to put our little spiel on there and send it!

 

I bet you can do the passport invites realitively cheap on your own(if you have the time) and either try cutting em your self with a razor or a crafting knife or take them. I bet it will still be cheaper!

I did a rough search on the paper etc and I would be saving $100....I think that's worth my time LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

I did a rough search on the paper etc and I would be saving $100....I think that's worth my time LOL

OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again.

 

IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more thatswck.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again. IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more thatswck.gif
I'm totally a DIY geek. I love doing them on my own to save costs and also be able to customize it the way I want it. So what if some letters are a little off? DIY makes it personal and sincere :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again. IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more thatswck.gif
Im brining a lot of stuff down also, like chair ties, table numbers, center pieces etc
I'm totally a DIY geek. I love doing them on my own to save costs and also be able to customize it the way I want it. So what if some letters are a little off? DIY makes it personal and sincere :)
Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Ladies.....need some imput....Do you think it is cheaper to DIY invites or just pay someone to make them??? The ones I really fell in love with is a passport invite that is $5.10 per passport with a min of 30 required to purchase and only sold in sets of 10. BUT the shipping is $34.63....so the total for 30 would be $187.63. The other ones that I liked are boarding pass ones that are $5.50 a piece and $10 for shipping....which would come to $175. I just feel like this is a lot of money for 30 invites and that I can either see what staples or kinko's would charge and than see if I printed them myself....only problem with me doing it is having to get the stuff to cut them. But what if I printed them and brought them somewhere to be cut?! Trying to save as much as possible :(

 

Cindy

I made mine with my sister's help.  She does cards and stuff on the side and had all the tools/cutters/stamps which made it more affordable for me.  It cost me about $50 to make 40 which is about 1.25 each.  Mind you that doesn't include stamps and i spent $65 for the outside and return stamp.  I had to put 1.34 stamps on all of them due to the weight and thickness.  The brad that I used to hold the passes together was a little bulky so when they tried to put it through a fake normal mail slot at the post office it didn't pass through and i needed to up the stamp for it.  Totally ridiculous and a money grab if you ask me.    But I guess I would have had to spend that for the stamps whether I made the invites or someone else did. I am really happy with how they turned out. I just mailed them out on Monday and already have been getting so many compliments on them.  Here are some pics....

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×