Jump to content

Photo

DIY monogram cake topper- has anyone done one?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 safety75

safety75
  • Jr. Member
  • 287 posts

    Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

    I am curious if anyone has made their own monogram cake topper with crystals etc? If so, could you please let me know where you got the letter and the crystals? 



    #2 brownsugarbride

    brownsugarbride
    • Member
    • 599 posts

      Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

      Originally Posted by safety75 

      I am curious if anyone has made their own monogram cake topper with crystals etc? If so, could you please let me know where you got the letter and the crystals? 

       

      I haven't tried this, but there is a bride on here with an absolutely fantastic wedding planning thread and review (coconoir1908) that I recall had something similar to what you were looking for:

      http://www.bestdesti...lates-pgs-18-19



      #3 cdnbanker

      cdnbanker
      • Jr. Member
      • 195 posts

        Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

        I would love to know also!

        #4 ChocoTaco7568

        ChocoTaco7568
        • Member
        • 955 posts

          Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

          I made mine and I think it turned about beautifully.  It sparkled like crazy too, once i wiped it off with windex to get the wax residue off (wax pencil used to place crystals).

           

          I think most of my materials are listed in the following thread, but if not, feel free to ask

          http://www.bestdesti...iy-cake-toppers



          #5 brownsugarbride

          brownsugarbride
          • Member
          • 599 posts

            Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

            Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

            I made mine and I think it turned about beautifully.  It sparkled like crazy too, once i wiped it off with windex to get the wax residue off (wax pencil used to place crystals).

             

            I think most of my materials are listed in the following thread, but if not, feel free to ask

            http://www.bestdesti...iy-cake-toppers

             

            Tova-That is gorgeous!  I just love all of your DIY projects! I don't consider myself to be that crafty, but I have hopes that my mom and a crafty friend or two can help me out! 



            #6 ChocoTaco7568

            ChocoTaco7568
            • Member
            • 955 posts

              Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

              Quote:

              Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

              Tova-That is gorgeous!  I just love all of your DIY projects! I don't consider myself to be that crafty, but I have hopes that my mom and a crafty friend or two can help me out! 

              Thank you! I'm sure you're more crafty then you give yourself credit for. It's amazing what you can do if you just give things a try (and have to adhere to a budget).  I never thought I would have so many DIY projects, but I guess it's one of the benefits of being a detail oriented person.  Good luck with your projects and let me know if you have any questions.



              #7 ucfjennifer

              ucfjennifer
              • Jr. Member
              • 185 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
              • LocationOrlando, FL

              Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

              That is gorgeous!!!!!!

              #8 Shara1984

              Shara1984
              • Jr. Member
              • 345 posts

                Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

                gorgeous!



                #9 ChocoTaco7568

                ChocoTaco7568
                • Member
                • 955 posts

                  Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

                  Thanks ladies!



                  #10 ErickMorgan

                  ErickMorgan
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

                    Well this concept seems very interesting as making a monogram with initials or in the form of any figure representing the occasion like an anniversary or wedding would look very nice and when clicked would make a perfect memory too.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users