Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica
1. Yes, for the most part. The hubby was in charge of music so he put together a spreadsheet. Music is a big deal to him, so when the DJ commented that we made great picks he was all proud of himself. Haha.
2. At cocktail hour we had the steel drum band. We basically missed this part since we were taking pics, but everyone said they were awesome.
3. We did spring for the dance floor. As for if it's worth it or not, totally your preference-- if you're going to do first dances and want to wear cute heels or shoes, you might want to spring for it. If you're going barefoot, dancing in the sand is fine I'm sure. But I will say that I really liked the setup with the dance floor-- they had it in the center and then all the tables around it on the beach.
4. I say just go to the disco after. That's what we did and we gave everyone glow stick bracelets and necklaces.
5. They use the same chairs for the ceremony and reception. We upgraded to the chivari chairs in silver, and I thought they were pretty on their own so I didn't bring sashes or any chair decorations (other than the fans with programs, which were only out during the ceremony). I bought the napkins online (forget where) but for 40 purple napkins it was pretty affordable, and then I packed them, along with all my other crap, in the plastic storage bins that I taped up really well and checked as luggage. I ended up leaving all 3 bins behind-- didn't want to deal with getting them back to the states, and they were only like $9 each so I didn't feel too guilty.
glad you said that about the chivari chairs, i'm upgrading to that as well. i was wondering if they were pretty enough to skip the chair sashes! i'll prob just decorate our chairs but leave the guests simple! did you get your pictures in yet?