#1 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

We are leaving in 10 days (ack!) and I wanted a place to gather all of my projects and info to hopefully help out other brides. This site has been SO AMAZINGLY HELPFUL to me in my planning (I know everyone says that but it’s true) so now I just want to pay it forward! Like so many brides before me, I want to say a HUGE THANKS to Tammy for creating this amazing site!! Hope you all enjoy reading through this.

How We Met:

We met the way every girl imagines she’ll meet her future husband: at a bar on Valentine’s Day. (what? that's not actually a thing? oh well.) We’d both been dragged out to a bar by our friends and as luck would have it, when my girlfriend and I walked in the only available seats were next to Joe and his friends.  We struck up a conversation and the rest is history!

The Proposal:

I’m just going to paste what I wrote on our

Engagement photo

The Resort:

We will be married at

Travel Agent:

We've been working with BDW's travel agency, Wright Travel, and our TA Barbara has been amazing to work with! She is super helpful and on top of things and is great about responding in a timely manner. It's really taken a lot of the stress of planning off of me since I don't have to field questions from guests about travel!

Rings:

Kind of hard to tell in the pic, but Joe's is a black tungsten band. Very simple but it's what he wanted!

Save the Dates:

I wanted to do something fun and different for our save the dates. I’d seen two examples of scratch-off STDs but never received one, plus I thought the idea of a scratch-off and coins could be fun for a destination wedding since we could remind guests to “save their pennies” in order to join us. Here is a link to my earlier post/tutorial on how to make these:

Invitations:

I did not have the time or patience to create my own passport invitations like so many other BDW brides have done, and done beautifully. Instead I searched for some affordable passport options and came across a site (Beach Wedlock Invitations

Wedding Attire:

My dress (Jim Hjelm, sash from Etsy) Please excuse these pics-- they are pre-alterations/ironing!!

Jewelry (both Nadri, from Bloomingdale's)

Shoes. (DSW. Link to shoes: http://www.dsw.com/s...,dsw12cat750002) I'm normally in heels, or "stilts" as Joe likes to call them since I like 'em high, but we're doing the ceremony, cocktails and dinner/dancing on the beach so I opted for sparkly flats.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Joe's suit. So Joe decided last week he wanted to get an entirely different suit from the one he'd originally purchased. He ordered the suit and tie below from J. Crew. It hasn't arrived, so no pics of him in it. And no, I'm not freaking out that it's not here yet at all! (totally am.) He'll wear this with a white shirt and all-white vans.

Maid of Honor dress (David's Bridal) This looks more purple in person. I feel like it reads almost blue in the pics...

and I got her these matching barefoot sandals:

Colors and inspiration pics:

We're doing shades of purple with fuchsia for a pop of color and a bit of silver. Here's the inspiration board I've been using:

Logo I created for OOT bags, welcome letter, etc.:

Ceremony inspiration pic:

We're planning on having a cupcake tower like this (I even found those exact cupcake wrappers on Amazon) and a small cake so we have something to cut.

Gifts:

Groom gift for Joe

I got him a customized print from an Etsy seller that has our important dates: the day we met, our first date, the day we got engaged and our wedding date. OK this gift is partly for me cause now he'll never forget our anniversary! Haha. Here's the Etsy shop where I got it: http://www.etsy.com/listing/96369337/special-dates-near-and-dear-custom

I also got him a nice watch:

Maid of Honor:

This cute shirt from Wedding Chicks:

and:
- a bottle of her favorite wine
- necklace with her initial and birthstone
- a gift certificate for a mani/pedi at our favorite nail place
- we also paid for her dress that she'll be wearing at the wedding

Parents

customized hankies from Etsy

Still to come:

DIY projects

OOT bags

Etsy purchases

Hair and makeup

#2 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Alexis - your story of your engagement cracked me up! I can't wait to see how everything comes together. The resort looks amazing, and your inspiration pics are fab. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 Marymack

Marymack
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Alexis....great planning thread!!! I am so excited for you.Can't wait to see your pictures...

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

alexis, amazing job putting this all together!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 kisha311

kisha311
    • Site Supporter
    • 259 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

You rock Alexis! Great detail thus far, I'm in panic mode and I still have 2 months to go. 

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#6 KWandCM

KWandCM
      • 189 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Alexis, this is amazing! Thank you for posting and sharing with us. I hope your day is everything you dreamed and then some. I look forward to hearing all about it (and seeing pictures!) when you return. :)

#7 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Great job! Your wedding is going to be beautiful!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#8 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

alexis, amazing job putting this all together!!

Originally Posted by kisha311 

You rock Alexis! Great detail thus far, I'm in panic mode and I still have 2 months to go. 

Originally Posted by KWandCM 

Alexis, this is amazing! Thank you for posting and sharing with us. I hope your day is everything you dreamed and then some. I look forward to hearing all about it (and seeing pictures!) when you return. :)

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Great job! Your wedding is going to be beautiful!

Originally Posted by Marymack 

Alexis....great planning thread!!! I am so excited for you.Can't wait to see your pictures...

Thanks guys!! Much more to come when I have time to post it all... @Kisha, I'm sure it'll all come together for you before your big day! Good luck to everyone who is still planning!! :)

#9 muneera0302

muneera0302
        • 277 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Awww love the thread! You did an amazing job on everything! Pray that mine turns out just as well!!!! Excited for your wedding this month!!!

#10 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
          • 562 posts
          • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Awww love the thread! You did an amazing job on everything! Pray that mine turns out just as well!!!! Excited for your wedding this month!!!

Thanks!!

Alexis - your story of your engagement cracked me up! I can't wait to see how everything comes together. The resort looks amazing, and your inspiration pics are fab.  And thank you Allie! Sorry, missed this one earlier when I was quoting and replying! :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users