Originally Posted by SWOK
hahah aww! i can't wait to see more of your pics! few other questions
1. you mentioned you had the DJ - did he play the song list you sent him? i am debating on DJ vs iPod bc im particular about what i want played!
2. did you have the jamaican trio or steel drums during your cocktail hr?
3. did you end up getting the $1000 dance floor or did you just dance on the sand? was it worth it if you did??
4. should i add an 1hr to the reception or just have everyone go to the disco after??
5. did they use the same chairs for the ceremony and reception or did u decorate both? how much did it cost to bring your own napkins and stuff??
okkkk thats all I'll bug you with right now! thank you thank you - maybe you should be a wedding planner now!! lol
1. Yes, for the most part. The hubby was in charge of music so he put together a spreadsheet. Music is a big deal to him, so when the DJ commented that we made great picks he was all proud of himself. Haha.
2. At cocktail hour we had the steel drum band. We basically missed this part since we were taking pics, but everyone said they were awesome.
3. We did spring for the dance floor. As for if it's worth it or not, totally your preference-- if you're going to do first dances and want to wear cute heels or shoes, you might want to spring for it. If you're going barefoot, dancing in the sand is fine I'm sure. But I will say that I really liked the setup with the dance floor-- they had it in the center and then all the tables around it on the beach.
4. I say just go to the disco after. That's what we did and we gave everyone glow stick bracelets and necklaces.
5. They use the same chairs for the ceremony and reception. We upgraded to the chivari chairs in silver, and I thought they were pretty on their own so I didn't bring sashes or any chair decorations (other than the fans with programs, which were only out during the ceremony). I bought the napkins online (forget where) but for 40 purple napkins it was pretty affordable, and then I packed them, along with all my other crap, in the plastic storage bins that I taped up really well and checked as luggage. I ended up leaving all 3 bins behind-- didn't want to deal with getting them back to the states, and they were only like $9 each so I didn't feel too guilty.