Photo

Is it tacky to put a limit on our guest count?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

FI and I (along with everyone else) are on a budget. We are are paying for the wedding ourselves while saving to buy our first home. With efforts to stay on track with our budget, I am considering putting a limit on our guest count. Is that tacky? With our budget we can comfortably host 30 people. Anything over 30 will put a strain on our finances. What is your opinion on this touchy subject?

#2 tkuzma

tkuzma
    • 418 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

This is not tacky at all!  Wedding are ridiculously expensive and especially since they are only 1 day- most definitely not worth going into debt for!  Planning a wedding is also stressful enough without having to worry how you are going to be able to pay for more than you know you can afford.  Your family and true friends will understand!  A party with 30 of your nearest and dearest will be absolutely lovely!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#3 hessina85

hessina85
    • 40 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I say you don't have to please no one if that's your cut off stick to it its nor tacky and besides its your money you both are spending and its about you two do what's best for you

#4 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Thanks ladies. We would love for everyone to come...it's just not in our budget.

#5 Traci7642

Traci7642
        • Site Supporter
        • 122 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with it either.  And on the bright-side, if they all know this prior to booking, it will have everyone that really wants to go book asap so you'll have a more solid number in advance to plan around.  I'm afraid we're going to get last minute bookings that'll throw off our OOT bags and table seatings.  Good luck!

#6 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
          • 381 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with it either.  And on the bright-side, if they all know this prior to booking, it will have everyone that really wants to go book asap so you'll have a more solid number in advance to plan around.  I'm afraid we're going to get last minute bookings that'll throw off our OOT bags and table seatings.  Good luck!

Good point. I think I will let everyone know up front that 30 is our max. That should cut down on the drama later on.

#7 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
            • Vendor
            • 210 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

FI and I (along with everyone else) are on a budget. We are are paying for the wedding ourselves while saving to buy our first home. With efforts to stay on track with our budget, I am considering putting a limit on our guest count. Is that tacky? With our budget we can comfortably host 30 people. Anything over 30 will put a strain on our finances.

What is your opinion on this touchy subject?

it’s fine to limit the guest list to immediate family, you can hosting a separate “cocktail party" at your town. So, you should not feel guilty at all!

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#8 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
              • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

I don't think it's tacky.  It's your wedding and you have to do ONLY what works for you and your honey.  I'm not inviting a heap load of folks to my wedding due to the fact that I can't afford to and even if I could I've been down that road already.

#9 KWandCM

KWandCM
                • 189 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I definitely don't think it is tacky. People understand when you're doing a small, intimate wedding. We are doing immediate family only-- probably between 10-15 people. 

#10 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks ladies for the feedback. I makes me feel better about the decision we've made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users