Jump to content
MrsBklovn

RSVP Timeframe????

Recommended Posts

I would definitely not be chasing anyone either. 

Originally Posted by Sehausle View Post


Well I learned two lessons from this: 1) SO glad I kept my invites on the inexpensive side. I loved Vistaprint because I was able to customize, they came out gorgeous (high quality paper), and I spent under $100 for everything (this included a few other things too).  2) I will not be the bride who calls everyone. If you want to come to my wedding - wonderful! If not, I will not chase you down. I am leaving it fairly open for those 4 guests, but no others LOL.

 

You can simplify ...but you have to have a strong resolve lol This WILL test your patience from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ended up sending out my invitations 8 months in advance and I gave my guests 6 weeks to RSVP (June 2013). First off, my RSVP date was a soft cutoff for myself. I knew my guests would not respond on time.. out of 80 invites I received approx 30 responses by June (the due date). Everyone else responded afterwards. Now I've reached the point where I want to finalize decor, programs, oot bags, etc and I still have approximately 15 people who say they're attending but haven't booked their room as of yet. So I've sent everyone an email letting them know that they must book their room by Aug 15th, if not I will not be able to accommodate them at the wedding and my travel agent will not be able to reserve a room for them. I know the wedding isn't until December but the way time is flying December will be here in no time!

 

I understand some people are waiting for school schedules, vacation time, etc but its stressful just waiting on someone to make up their mind. I may sound like a b***ch for doing so but at the end of the day, I have to keep myself sane! 

 

Good luck ladies!!!! I'll let you know how my Aug 15th cutoff date goes.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was looking at a check that my FH received, I remember the check coming in May, I also recall telling him, "deposit that check be ause you only have 90 days from the date of issued to cash" we are 4 days away from that dateline, I have put the check by our entrance console, where he also puts his keys" - the check have been in there for at least a month, I asked him yesterday if he wanted me to deposit the check, he said, "no, I will do it on my phone", that was yesterday morning and today the check is still not deposited. I am writing this here so we all understand why people wait lat minute or past the due date to RSVP, it is called procrastination, in my case, we are talking about money, not a fortune but still money and if people act like that when it comes to money, imagine a wedding that is not even theirs and which they would have to spend their money to go to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even bother with proper RSVP's because I figured people could tell me that they were coming until they were blue in the face, but until they'd put down a payment for the trip, they weren't official.

 

My travel agent just lets us know when someone as booked - so our RSVP was contacting our travel agent OR letting us know if they were booking independently. We've just passed the deadline for our held spaces and most people who said they are coming have booked. We have another 10 or so, that haven't said that they will book soon(ish) - but of course, from now on, the seats are open to the public, so it really depends on whether there is space on the plane and at the resort.

 

I've just let it go - if people want to join us, they'll come. It not, I understand. It's made the entire process so much less stressful.
That being said, we've already met our minimum number to reserve the restaurant privately, so it's much easier to add guests in the coming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ceecee2014 View Post

 

I didn't even bother with proper RSVP's because I figured people could tell me that they were coming until they were blue in the face, but until they'd put down a payment for the trip, they weren't official.

 

My travel agent just lets us know when someone as booked - so our RSVP was contacting our travel agent OR letting us know if they were booking independently. We've just passed the deadline for our held spaces and most people who said they are coming have booked. We have another 10 or so, that haven't said that they will book soon(ish) - but of course, from now on, the seats are open to the public, so it really depends on whether there is space on the plane and at the resort.

 

I've just let it go - if people want to join us, they'll come. It not, I understand. It's made the entire process so much less stressful.

That being said, we've already met our minimum number to reserve the restaurant privately, so it's much easier to add guests in the coming months.

I understand where you're coming from....I have decided that I am not going to stress over things I can't control. RSVP's included. If they want to be there, they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

 

I understand where you're coming from....I have decided that I am not going to stress over things I can't control. RSVP's included. If they want to be there, they will.

 

I wish I was as low key as all of you!   I have to tell the resort what people are choosing to eat, get my invoice going with the florist (ie how many centerpieces), and start constructing these crazy OOT bags I've concocted, so without a number, I am screwed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally with you, I am a planner and I am not able to plan without a number. I am not making extra anything just in case, but I am also not going to chase anyone, whomever has RSVPd by the date will get an OOT bag, those that wait last minute will not, and I am going to plan from there.

I wish I was as low key as all of you!   I have to tell the resort what people are choosing to eat, get my invoice going with the florist (ie how many centerpieces), and start constructing these crazy OOT bags I've concocted, so without a number, I am screwed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I didn't even bother with proper RSVP's because I figured people could tell me that they were coming until they were blue in the face, but until they'd put down a payment for the trip, they weren't official. My travel agent just lets us know when someone as booked - so our RSVP was contacting our travel agent OR letting us know if they were booking independently. We've just passed the deadline for our held spaces and most people who said they are coming have booked. We have another 10 or so, that haven't said that they will book soon(ish) - but of course, from now on, the seats are open to the public, so it really depends on whether there is space on the plane and at the resort. I've just let it go - if people want to join us, they'll come. It not, I understand. It's made the entire process so much less stressful. That being said, we've already met our minimum number to reserve the restaurant privately, so it's much easier to add guests in the coming months.
Your comment made me think of something! Why even bother with RSVP cards? Its extra postage and envelopes. People can RSVP by putting down a deposit. Having RSVP cards are so traditional when it comes to weddings so people expect them. To us, they aren't necessarily functional. Ppl can say yes until they are blue in the face. The reality of it is that until their FINAL payment is made...they are still tentative guest. Now granted after a deposit is made we can definitely narrow our count down. Sorry for the narrative...I'm thinking out loud :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

Your comment made me think of something! Why even bother with RSVP cards? Its extra postage and envelopes. People can RSVP by putting down a deposit.

 

Having RSVP cards are so traditional when it comes to weddings so people expect them. To us, they aren't necessarily functional. Ppl can say yes until they are blue in the face. The reality of it is that until their FINAL payment is made...they are still tentative guest. Now granted after a deposit is made we can definitely narrow our count down.

 

Sorry for the narrative...I'm thinking out loud :)

I sound all easy and carefree now, but we haven't even sent out STD's yet! LOL! Let's see if I can maintain as we get closer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

Your comment made me think of something! Why even bother with RSVP cards? Its extra postage and envelopes. People can RSVP by putting down a deposit.

 

Having RSVP cards are so traditional when it comes to weddings so people expect them. To us, they aren't necessarily functional. Ppl can say yes until they are blue in the face. The reality of it is that until their FINAL payment is made...they are still tentative guest. Now granted after a deposit is made we can definitely narrow our count down.

 

Sorry for the narrative...I'm thinking out loud :)

We did not do RSVP cars but simply listed our wedding website (wanted to be sure people would look at it) . Needless to say I am SO happy I didn't spend the extra money and those who are going to make it made it a point to let us know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×