• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:45 AM

I just secured the thall for my AHR (I know I am so behind) and I can have the hall from 2-11. I had to rent it on a Sunday because schedules didn't allow me for Saturday. What are the times I should set the party for? I need to get the invites done....

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:04 AM

Because it's a Sunday and most people probably have to work the next day, I would suggest maybe 3-8 or 4-9. When are you having it, right after you get back?

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizz
        Because it's a Sunday and most people probably have to work the next day, I would suggest maybe 3-8 or 4-9. When are you having it, right after you get back?
        I just want to make sure it's long enough....about a week and a half after we return...

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

We are only doing ours from 2-6 on a Saturday afternoon about a month after we get back.

But, that being said, we're having it on the rooftop deck of Tom's restaurant/bar ... so we wanted t do it during a time we could have the place closed. We want them to still open for dinner so we figured by 6, people could still stay and party ... but it just wouldn't be private anymore and that's when the open bar would end so we don't end up paying for moochers who come in to sit at the bar.

Anywho ... back to topic ... since it's a hall -- and on a Sunday ... I would think anywhere from 2-9 would be perfect.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

Shelley - what kind of party are you going for? A regular type wedding reception? Hor d’ouerves only? Picnic style?

I think the type of party you are having would help in deciding. If you are doing something more casual and light, I would think 4-9 or 10 would be cool. If it is a regular reception 5 or 6 to 11.

I have been to a few Sunday receptions and they always ended at 11. Which is fine and all, but I mostly called out of work on Monday!

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
              Shelley - what kind of party are you going for? A regular type wedding reception? Hor d’ouerves only? Picnic style?

I think the type of party you are having would help in deciding. If you are doing something more casual and light, I would think 4-9 or 10 would be cool. If it is a regular reception 5 or 6 to 11.

I have been to a few Sunday receptions and they always ended at 11. Which is fine and all, but I mostly called out of work on Monday!
              I definitely was trying to do a more casual feel, although I am not sure yet what kind of food I want..

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

I'd say 4 or 5- 9 or 10

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 CrystalVegas

CrystalVegas
                • 87 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

I would have it start at 4, to give you time to set up, decorate, etc.
                  If it was me, I wouldn't even put the end time on the invitation - just the start.

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CrystalVegas
                    I would have it start at 4, to give you time to set up, decorate, etc.
                    If it was me, I wouldn't even put the end time on the invitation - just the start.
                    that is exactly what I am going to do, thanks so much for all your help, girls!

#10 coming together

coming together
                    • 162 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

I would go 4-9, that way you have time to set up.. Then people can get done what needs to be done on Sunday, and play in the afternoon. That is 5 hours. I think it will be plenty of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users