Photo

OOT Bags This or that?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 mvee1025

mvee1025
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I was waffling too and ultimately decided yes to OOT bags and so far it's been one of my most fun projects to do. I ordered 50 canvas tote bags from VistaPrint. These will be printed with the logo I designed below on them. Found a great coupon on retailmenot.com and got 50% off and free shipping on these. Yay! Then I will be filling them with: - welcome letter to guests - postcards I created on Zazzle.com and a pen - plastic tumblers with straws from discountmugs.com - Oh Sh*t Kit: (shout wipes, emergen-c, advil, pepto, alka-seltzer, band-aids, aloe, hand sanitizer, chap stick, tissues, altoids) - customized matches with our names/wedding date (this is so guests can light their wish lanterns on the beach after the wedding) - a little bag that will have graham crackers, a marshmallow and chocolate so guests can make s'mores at the bonfire the first night, which is when I'll be giving the bags out. logo for tote bag: 700

CUTE LOGO!

#32 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Th

CUTE LOGO!

thanks!! :)

#33 MK71809

MK71809
    • Site Supporter
    • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I was waffling too and ultimately decided yes to OOT bags and so far it's been one of my most fun projects to do.

I ordered 50 canvas tote bags from VistaPrint. These will be printed with the logo I designed below on them. Found a great coupon on retailmenot.com and got 50% off and free shipping on these. Yay!

Then I will be filling them with:

- welcome letter to guests

- postcards I created on Zazzle.com and a pen

- plastic tumblers with straws from discountmugs.com

- Oh Sh*t Kit: (shout wipes, emergen-c, advil, pepto, alka-seltzer, band-aids, aloe, hand sanitizer, chap stick, tissues, altoids)

- customized matches with our names/wedding date (this is so guests can light their wish lanterns on the beach after the wedding)

- a little bag that will have graham crackers, a marshmallow and chocolate so guests can make s'mores at the bonfire the first night, which is when I'll be giving the bags out.

logo for tote bag:

Your logo is adorable, how did u make it? Details plz if u don't mind! It looks so professional :) Kara

#34 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
      • 562 posts
      • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by MK71809 

Your logo is adorable, how did u make it? Details plz if u don't mind!
      It looks so professional :)

Kara

Super easy! I just made it in MS Word. I first Googled free fonts and found one I liked, then downloaded it. This one is called Dreamland and for some reason it looked Jamaican to me. :) I also Googled images of purple palm trees, found that one, and just added it to a blank word doc then typed Jamaica below in my new font and wedding colors.

#35 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
      • 562 posts
      • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Also, here is what the finished bags look like! Kinda hard to tell here but they look great in person!

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

#36 poorplaces

poorplaces
      • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Did you gals make a bag for each person? Or did you make one per couple/one per family?

#37 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

we did one per couple (for the couples), and then one per person if they were singles traveling together. 

Originally Posted by poorplaces 

Did you gals make a bag for each person? Or did you make one per couple/one per family?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#38 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

we did one per couple (for the couples), and then one per person if they were singles traveling together. 

That's what we plan to do as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users