• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7391 flo628

flo628
  • 200 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi Ladies, I finally recieved my some photos from my photgrapher! I couldnt choose just one to show my dress so here are a few: It's a Mikalella 1508

Omg I love your dress!! And that last pic is perfect. I need that shot. Congrats!

#7392 flo628

flo628
  • 200 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

So I went to David's Bridal in Yonkers for a second dress because my mother refused to let me "trash the dress". She paid for my dress and I am wearing it again at my AHR so she's afraid I'll destroy it. The dresses at DB were on sale so we figured we'd find something similar for a reasonable price. I tried on a dress that everyone loved and it was on sale. I almost took the dress, but there was a bride to be with an entourage of 10 and when they saw me in the dress they kept telling the bride to be "you need to try that one" I was in my dressing room taking it off when her consultant came and literally peeled it off of me and said "I'm going to just steal this for a moment". I wasn't even out of it yet! Wtf! I was so pissed off that untold my consultant how rude the other consultant was and my mother was so upset that she said "forget it, don't bother getting a second dress just use yours" LOL. I ended up winning because I really want to wear my dress for my TTD and I'm certain based on other brides and the photographer that the dress will be ok, but I still think that was terrible treatment. The other bride btw gloated and her entourage said "it looks better on you. That's your dress". Classy. I'm glad I bought my dress elsewhere. They definitely did not treat me like that.

Wow what a bunch of...

#7393 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
  • 137 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I've been to David's bridal twice once to look for my dress and another for bridesmaid dresses and I've had a bad experience each time their consultants lack experience I asked her how much alterations cost and she had to leave for 15 mins to go ask someone and then came back with a ridiculously high number. For those who haven't gotten their dress best advice if u want to feel like those brides on TV go to smaller fancier boutiques alot of them have reasonably prices dresses and are way better than David's bridal. I am not trying to insult anyone who go their dress there but the Canadian store in Mississauga is awful lol :)

#7394 Soon2BDudgeon

Soon2BDudgeon
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I had the same problem....Saw them at the bridal show in Mississauga, made an appointment with them there when they looked at their calander they called me a day before to tell me they

had someone else in there at the time...so after that I decided not to bother. My mother in law to be insisted I go to at least see the prices and when she went to book the appointment

she explained the situation and gave me a different time....I ended up not going just didnt want to be bothered! So I agree with them not know with what they are doing. I also agree with going to a smaller location....I did and ordered my dress and it came in 3 months later! couldnt be happier!!!

#7395 KristieT

KristieT
    • 430 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy129 

gorgeous!!! congrats! you looked stunning!!!!

Originally Posted by natalieblev 

Gorgeous! 

Originally Posted by flo628 

Omg I love your dress!! And that last pic is perfect. I need that shot. Congrats!

Thanks so much ladies! <3

#7396 jenn4285

jenn4285
      • 159 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Gorgeous Pictures!

#7397 Michelle11

Michelle11
        • 29 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

Thank you for all the lovely compliments ladies! My dress was great on the day of. Still quite warm, but I carried my fan around and that seemed to help! All in all, no regrets. Awesome day and nite! Will post photos and a review when I get my pro pics at the end of the month :)

#7398 Kingz85

Kingz85
          • 25 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
          • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

Oh wow your dress is stunning!

Thank you! Cant wait to have it fitted !!

#7399 Kingz85

Kingz85
          • 25 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
          • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Where is your wedding going to be???

Its at the Azul Sensatori =) 

Thank you for the compliment! 

#7400 jenn4285

jenn4285
          • 159 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

I bought my dress at Chris & Tina's in parkway mall in Scarborough ON, such great customer service!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users