• Vendor
  • 317 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
  • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sophia2616 

WOW Katy!!! stunning!!!

Thanks! I had my first fitting last week and am going for my second tomorrow! They're rushing it for me because I'm only in Vancouver for three weeks before heading back to Mexico. Hopefully everything will be good to go at the fitting tomorrow and I can take the dress home with me! I'll share the updated photos with the alterations after the fitting tomorrow :)

Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

#7082 Kristina610

Kristina610
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

I was contemplating this a lot when trying on dresses as well....I always though I needed a white dress, but the ivory just looked so much better with my skin tone....in looking at pictures of other peoples weddings, I've noticed white, ivory, and blush dresses and they have all looked amazing!!  My fiance is also going to be wearing khaki suit with a white shirt (and some type of tie, but i cant decide which color lol) People are going to be so stuck on how stunning YOU look that they wont notice that your dress and his shirt don't match :)  Go with the dress you loveeee and never want to take off!!

Originally Posted by KaraMae 

I think because khaki and ivory are both neutral it'll match well. Most dresses are not super dark. Mine in ivory above and you can see it's fairly light but not the bright white most dresses come in. I say pick what you want! White or ivory will look nice! :) 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

My dress is just a tinge Ivory. I did not like the bright diamond white when I tried dresses on- but after not seeing my dress for almost a year when I did the inspection I almost cried when I saw the color lol. I felt better once it was on. I feel like the ivory is great especially for evening weddings and I agree that it will contrast nicely with your fiances khaki suit. My fiance is wearing a navy blue suit so the diamond white was to much of a contrast- although I bought my dress way before he decided on a suit. I also like the ivory because let's face it- I live with my fiance and I am not as pure as the snow. Also- not that I am old- but I think the ivory has an air of sophistication. In the end- none of what anyone says will matter. It's all about how you feel in the dress and sometimes the dress we least expect turns out to be the one. Have fun!

Thank you for your input ladies!  After stressing over for a few days I went back last night and tried it on again and placed my order!  I ended up going with a light ivory lace gown anf i LOVE it, so happy.  I can't wait to wear it :)

#7083 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

All of you ladies look gorgeous in your dresses!! Hmmm...makes me think I should't just go for my fittings in trackpants with uncombed hair anymore. hahaha! You've all just raised the bar for me. lol.

#7084 J0hanna

J0hanna
      • 81 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
      • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I finally booked my fitting for May 4th. I was lucky enough to make it for the Maggie Sottero trunk show. I will be trying on these 2 dresses. I'm so excited!

#7085 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I finally booked my fitting for May 4th. I was lucky enough to make it for the Maggie Sottero trunk show. I will be trying on these 2 dresses. I'm so excited!

Great choices!

#7086 J0hanna

J0hanna
        • 81 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
        • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

Great choices!

Thank you! I felt the wrapping detail went well for a beach wedding :) I can't wait! I hope they fit well!

#7087 TealMarie

TealMarie
        • 254 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by J0hanna 

Thank you! I felt the wrapping detail went well for a beach wedding :) I can't wait! I hope they fit well!

I tried on that first dress and it's gorgeous! They are both beautiful. Post pics after you try them on!

#7088 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
          • 137 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
          • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

J0hanna I love the second one!

#7089 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

you amazing!!!!

Originally Posted by philanab 

Here's a few pictures of me in my dress on my wedding day

#7090 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
            • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

you amazing!!!!

sorry missing words dont know where they went supposed to say you look amazing!! Congrats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users