8281 replies to this topic

#6981 tkuzma

tkuzma
  • 418 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gingerbeef 

I just purchased a Pronovias Parabola off the rack for my beach wedding (got it for $900 CDN).  A lot of alterations to be done, though!  It needs to be made several sizes smaller, shortened, and have the zipper back replaced with a corset, if possible.  Hopefully the alterations won't cost as much as the dress did!  Yikes!!

Beautiful dress! And what a deal :) We'll wait to see pics of you looking better than the model in that dress!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#6982 Kristina610

Kristina610
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread but I'm going dress shopping this weekend so I dresses on the brain!  All of you have such beautiful dresses and they are not all "beachy", part of me wants a beachy flowy dress and part of me wants a traditional beautiful gown.  So many decisions, yikes! 

#6983 Melissa14

Melissa14
    • 304 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Shop aro

Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread but I'm going dress shopping this weekend so I dresses on the brain!  All of you have such beautiful dresses and they are not all "beachy", part of me wants a beachy flowy dress and part of me wants a traditional beautiful gown.  So many decisions, yikes! 

Don't buy the first dress you like. Shop around and try lots of dresses on. The dress will pick you.

Attached Files

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#6984 Kristina610

Kristina610
    • 68 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Melissa14 

Shop aro
      Don't buy the first dress you like. Shop around and try lots of dresses on. The dress will pick you.

Thanks for the advice!  I am very excited about trying on dresses.  I see your date is July 27,  mine is July 29!  

#6985 Melissa14

Melissa14
      • 304 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
      • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kristina610 

Thanks for the advice!  I am very excited about trying on dresses.  I see your date is July 27,  mine is July 29!  

Oh wow! Yay! Happy July wedding to you. Let's keep in touch through the planning process and beyond

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#6986 Scarma

Scarma
      • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Shop aro

I completely agree!!

#6987 Kristina610

Kristina610
        • 68 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Oh wow! Yay! Happy July wedding to you. Let's keep in touch through the planning process and beyond

Yay, sounds good.  Happy planning to you as we'll!

#6988 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

yay Kristina!!! Dallas has so many awesome bridal shops. Have fun with the process, and do take your time. Visit several shops and try on different styles and designers. You may surprise yourself and choose something you never would have imagined. Trust the consultants in the shop - they know their dresses, and they know which ones will flatter each beautiful bride. Good luck!! 

Originally Posted by Kristina610 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#6989 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
          • 137 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
          • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I just purchased a Pronovias Parabola off the rack for my beach wedding (got it for $900 CDN).  A lot of alterations to be done, though!  It needs to be made several sizes smaller, shortened, and have the zipper back replaced with a corset, if possible.  Hopefully the alterations won't cost as much as the dress did!  Yikes!!

I purchased a sample gown too that is way too big and I'm getting lots of things changed on it so I know how you feel! Are u getting it altered from same place u bought it?

#6990 Sara Tamargo

Sara Tamargo
          • Vendor
          • 94 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

do iT!! you´ll have great pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users