Jump to content
Jennifer

Show us your wedding dress!

Recommended Posts

I am a wedding dress newbie! I'm going dress shopping for the first time on Wednesday! I wondered if anyone can suggest designers which are particularly good at fitting petite body types? I'm average height, but have a small bust, small waist, small hips, small shoulders... I've heard some designers are "known" for certain body types, so I was just wondering what designer I should ask to try on and find styles for for this Wednesday. Thanks ladies!! Your advice would greatly help!!
I agree, don't limit yourself to a designer. I had no idea what was going to look good on me, I'm petite as well so didn't even think I'd be able to pull of a full length gown. I would suggest going in with an open mind, and try on a dress in each silhouette, you'll know immediately what you feel best in. Having a few things you want (mine were white, no satin, sweetheart neckline, and a little bling) will help the ladies at the store pull dresses with features you want. Taking a few pictures of dresses you are drawn to will also help. Good luck, and enjoy the experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies for your reply! I'm going to look through the Sottero collection online and also try a bunch a silhouettes too! I'll let you know how it goes! Theres just so many dresses!! Ahh!! wacko.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissFifi View Post

 

I love your dress and I think you look stunning in it.  I was looking at a mermaid style dress, but everyone told me that it wouldn't be as flattering as I thought.  I tried on a dress very similar to this one (with a sweetheart neckline and ruffled organza bottom) and I'm in love.

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm definitely inspired by it! Thanks for sharing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous message was meant for you! Thanks for sharing this beautiful dress and you looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day! Congrats!! 

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls View Post

Here's my Allure 8862. Photos by Victor Herrera Photography - Adrian Herrera, and one of the only photos we've received from our underwater photo shoot by Del Sol Photographer Debora. 

 

001-77.jpg

 

 

001-233 copy.jpg

 

 

001-294 copy.jpg

 

 

001-312 copy.jpg

 

 

 

274156696036526196_mdLboK85_f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had also had a little dress regret especially after seeing all the gorgeous dresses everyone on this site posts!!! And a friend of mine gave me some good advise that helped me alot..... On your wedding day there is only going to be ONE wedding dress in the entire room. You will not have any other dresses around to compare it to and when you are all dolled up with your hair and make up done, you are going to look fabulous in whatever dress you picked for your perfect day wink.gif

Originally Posted by lianne View Post

I'm also having dress regret but I think its pretty common and there's no way I'm spending any more money on a dress lol so I'm just gonna have to suck it up.  But I do think that once I have it altered and i'm all dolled up it'll be great.  I think you look gorgeous in the dress you got.  Especially if it makes you feel sexy and bridal then that's prefect!   

 

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

Okay Ladies.. I'm beginning to have a slight case of dress regret.. :o( I found a dress I LOVED, Allure 8862, but the bridal store was rude so I went other places ISO this dress and to try on others.. then I found a dress that I thought was gorgeous but daring for me.   I wasn't sure about it at first but my FMIL told me it looked amazing on me and after trying it on a 2nd time I was sold. Bought the dress on the spot and took it home with me. I posted it several pages ago.. But over the weekend my FI's step-mom and dad wanted to see my dress, so I showed them a picture.. I think they said it was pretty, but I can't even remember, all I can remember is they asked why I didn't go with the Allure 8862 when I showed them the pictures of both.msncry.gif

 

I have the dress at home so I'm wondering if trying it on for my mom and my bridesmaids will make me feel better.. but I'm so torn now and feel like I may have made the wrong decision. :o(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

 

700Allure-8862-Wedding-Dress.jpg

Its hard to judge without seeing a pic of you in both dresses. I love the allure as well but the mermaid really does look fantastic on you and makes your waist look tiny!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JennyAdele View Post

 

I am a wedding dress newbie! I'm going dress shopping for the first time on Wednesday! I wondered if anyone can suggest designers which are particularly good at fitting petite body types? I'm average height, but have a small bust, small waist, small hips, small shoulders... I've heard some designers are "known" for certain body types, so I was just wondering what designer I should ask to try on and find styles for for this Wednesday.

 

Thanks ladies!! Your advice would greatly help!!

Hey Jennyadele!!! I am also on the small side... 5'3 about a size 4 i have really narrow shoulders and a smallish waist just not a small bust or hips.. but i went with a maggie sottero as well. I have yet to actually try my dress on.. i just ordered it. But of all the maggies i tried on they fit very well!!!!

 

And on another note... i think we may be ring twins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

 

I had also had a little dress regret especially after seeing all the gorgeous dresses everyone on this site posts!!! And a friend of mine gave me some good advise that helped me alot..... On your wedding day there is only going to be ONE wedding dress in the entire room. You will not have any other dresses around to compare it to and when you are all dolled up with your hair and make up done, you are going to look fabulous in whatever dress you picked for your perfect day wink.gif

 

 You are exectly right!! I didn't even look at it this way.. I think they are both great dresses in their own ways.. I have seen a few girls in the Allure, and I'm a unique one of a kind girl.. So I'm actually happy that the dress I bought I have never seen on anyone or anywhere else.. I still may go try on the Allure again to see how it makes me feel and how I look in it. Every time I see MssBliss in the Allure I feel a tugg on my regret string..

 

^^^Geeze thanks Jenny.. lol.. she does look amazing though.

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

Its hard to judge without seeing a pic of you in both dresses. I love the allure as well but the mermaid really does look fantastic on you and makes your waist look tiny!!!

 Tiny Waist... :o) Music to my heart!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brit..you should totally be showing off that body..youve been working hard on it..not reason not to show off your figure!!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 You are exectly right!! I didn't even look at it this way.. I think they are both great dresses in their own ways.. I have seen a few girls in the Allure, and I'm a unique one of a kind girl.. So I'm actually happy that the dress I bought I have never seen on anyone or anywhere else.. I still may go try on the Allure again to see how it makes me feel and how I look in it. Every time I see MssBliss in the Allure I feel a tugg on my regret string..

 

^^^Geeze thanks Jenny.. lol.. she does look amazing though.

 Tiny Waist... :o) Music to my heart!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×