Sign in to follow this  
BillysBride

Advice Needed....

I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right place. If its not, mods please do move it.

I'm about an inch away from booking caterer, photographer, videographer, and baker all seperately. I'm starting to wonder whether or not I'll need a coordinator at all, as now I'm wondering what they will do? Being a go between for us with the resort would be nice, but my matron of honor is from the Dominican Republic and fluent in Spanish, so she's already been making some of our calls for us.

I know...organization is key, and having someone on site to oversee the flow of events is priceless, I'm sure. I'm just wondering, since the coordinators I originally scoped out, even though I liked them (I've considered two different teams), I just wasn't satisfied with everything across the board in terms of services. Either the price was great, but the I didn't like the photography, or the photographer was good, but I didn't like the catering options or something. Always a mismatch.

Any advice would be great.

Did anyone do this and NOT use a coordinator? If so, what was your experience, and would you do it differently if you could?

i used a WC to book some vendors that she could get cheaper but also booked alot myself. i think many brides on here choose not to use a WC and their weddings turn out beautifully.

i think you need to really figure out for yourself if:

1. you have time to do all the research involved looking for vendors yourself

2. have the creativity/organization involved doing it yourself

3. if hiring a WC is in your budget

4. if you opt not to hire a WC make sure to have someone at your wedding be the point person/go to person during your wedding so you arent directing the show on your big day

Hmm..great advice, Tammy. Very good questions I need to be asking myself.

If it were here, then no problem. I wouldn't even think twice. My mom has done several special events and she always ends up having numerous people come calling afterward asking if she is for hire. Then I have a friend (another of my bridesmaids) who does cakes and flowers for weddings. Add to them my matron of honor who could act as linguist .... between the three of them, with my creative input, I know they would have things nailed down tight. But thousands of miles away, what can we do?

I may try to find a compromise. It would be wonderful to find someone who in terms of following up with vendors we contact and bookl. Ha! Sounds like I need to be marrying The Donald instead of my loveable FI. If there is anything like what I'm looking for out there, I'm pretty sure it comes under a different name than coordinator.