Photo

Where And Why Did You Choose Riviera Maya/cancun!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie

Jackie
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

HELLO RM/CANCUN GIRLS!

I JUST THOUGH IT WOULD BE FUN TO FIND OUT WHERE WE ARE ALL GETTING MARRIED IN THE RM/CANCUN AREA.

I ALSO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HELPFULL TO EACHOTHER IF WE POSTED WHY WE CHOSE THE RESORT THAT WE DID.

A QUICK RUNDOWN OF RESORTS:

EL DORADO RESORTS
    SEASIDE SUITES
    ROYALE
    MI HOTELITO

PALACE RESORTS
    MOON
    AVENTURA
    XPU - HA
    PLAYACAR
    COZUMEL
    ETC....

DREAMS RESORTS
    CANCUN
    TULUM

RIU RESORTS
    PALACE RM
    PLAYACAR
    YUCATAN
    CANCUN
    CARIBE
    ETC...

OCCIDENTAL RESORTS
    COZUMEL
    XCARET
    ALLEGRO
    ROYAL HIDEAWAY
    ETC...
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

I am going with the Occidental Grand Xcaret Riviera Maya because of the following;

1. The resort is beautiful

2. The resort grounds are big enough that our guests wont be right on top of each other all week, Ryan thinks it is important that our guests not only feel like they are attending a wedding, but are also on there own personal vacation.

3. The resort is affordable to our guests.

4. Travel time to the Riviera Maya is not lengthy

5. The resort can accommodate children.

6. Riviera Maya has a lot of activities

7 The resort is All Inclusive

8. There are condos nearby for guest that do not want an All Inclusive or want to save money and travel in groups.

9. It is within close proximity to our honeymoon resort.

10. This may sound silly, but there is an ecological park next door to the resort and it looks amazing, if you stay at the Occidental you get a free pass into the park.

11. POOL BARS!
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

great poll Jackie...i would be so interested to hear what everyone says.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

For those of you looking for ideas in Riviera Maya, I just saw this on Sol Tamargo's blog (photographer - http://www.soltamargo.com/blog/). Sounds like this is a favorite site for a wedding ...

Al Cielo Hotel
        Xpu-Ha Beach, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://www.alcielohotel.com/

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:53 PM

I finally decided on Dreams Cancun. Here are some of the reasons

1. all inclusive (didn't want to put my guests out more than necessary)

2. affordable

3. allows children, important since we have one

4. medium size, I didn't want anything enormous, I recently went to the atlantis resort in the bahamas and didn't really like it that much, it was like the size of a small town. I wanted to still run into my guests from time to time, but for them to still feel like they were on vacation

5. I heard very good things about dreams and their weddings, I also heard that they only have one wedding a day, maybe two if they are both small, so that was important as well

6. they have a beautiful gazebo overlooking the ocean for the ceremony

7. it was my original first choice and then I looked at a million other places, but just felt that this would be the best place for us and our family

8. my FI really loves to travel and see different parts of the world, and I knew he'd really like to see the mayan ruins while there

9. we wanted to go somewhere neither one of us had ever been

I guess that's about it

#6 andreslove

andreslove
          • 227 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

Hello ladies,

We decided to get married at Moon Palace for lots of the reasons that's been mentioned, including:

1. They have great wedding packages.
            2. It's all-inclusive
            3. Good ratings from other brides
            4. Family friendly (we wanted our nieces and nephews to be able to come)
            5. They pretty much do it all
            6. Beautiful gazebo and horse drawn carraige
            7. We've never been there.
            8. You have access to all of the other Palace properties
            9. Tours and water sports are included
            10. It's not in the hotel zone (we didn't want to be with the Spring Breakers)

#7 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:45 AM

Hi, I'm getting married in a non-all-inclusive resort. I'm having a reception for 150-200 people and I didn't want them and us, expending that much.

SO we went on a scouting trip in july and decided for Fiesta Americana Condesa CancÂșn, the beach is lovely and the food is delicious.

#8 JSFNixon

JSFNixon
              • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:05 AM

THANK YOU! This was a great idea for a thread....Thank you everyone for posting why they chose their resorts, I FINALLY have narrowed it down to DREAMS (I think!)...No, thats it!

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by anacgarcia
                  Hi, I'm getting married in a non-all-inclusive resort. I'm having a reception for 150-200 people and I didn't want them and us, expending that much.

SO we went on a scouting trip in july and decided for Fiesta Americana Condesa CancÂșn, the beach is lovely and the food is delicious.
                  You are right- the Fiesta Americana Condesa does have a beautiful beach. When we were in Cancun last summer we went on an excursion that left at that hotel and we commented that next time we came back to Cancun, we'd like to stay there. It is gorgeous!

#10 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

I feel jealous everytimme I see other locations (I'm getting married in Cabo). It's not that I don't love where we're getting married it just that I want to have a wedding in ALL these places!!!!

You lovely ladies enjoy!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users