• Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by natalieblev 

Glad you had so much fun!!   

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Jessicalynne 

Woohoo! That's so much fun! My San Diego girls through me a staycation bachelorette on Saturday and it was awesome. I agree, it's so touching the amount of love you get and makes you so happy and appreciative of the thoughtful people in your life.

I fly to Virginia in two weeks to do my bridal shower and bachelorette with my hometown girls. I'm probably most excited for that one b/c it's the friends and family I've known my whole life.

So happy you had a wonderful weekend. You deserve it with all the DIY projects and thoughtfulness you've put into your wedding to make sure that your guests have a great trip. :)

That's awesome! I totally agree- mine was with my life-long friends and one new-er (3-ish years) friend. The girls were girls I gre up with since 4th grade! It's so weird that we are adults!! haha

Have a great time on your trip!! and be safe! :)

#652 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Avborges 

I missed this forum over the weekend!  My first day at work since last Thursday.  Our beloved pet had surgery on Thursday and unfortunately passed yesterday. FI is devastated and so I am.   Sunday was my bridal shower and I had a lovely Fiesta-themed party.  So much love from my friends... really needed that.  

My FI asked me if we could have a picture of Maximus at our wedding.  Of course, I said!!  I have to think of a very special way to honor him.  

I am SO sorry!!! That's so incredibly hard. I will definitely keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers! That is so sweet that you will honor your pet on your wedding day!

#653 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Avborges 

I found this vendor at Etsy who makes wedding bouquet memorial charms.  I will add my grandparent's and Maxi's pictures to the bouquet:

http://www.etsy.com/...search_type=all

I bought a charm from this seller for my bouquet (my grandparents - one side has their wedding day picture and the other has my favorite picture of the 2 of them as I remember them), and was VERY happy with the result.

#654 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Are you ladies bringing a card box with you? Would it be tacky not to have one? I just feel like I have enough crap wedding stuff to bring down already! lol

I don't expect the people attending to bring gifts or cards or anything but what if they do? Would it be awful to just have them laid on a table? Or is there any kind of cheap card box I could get. Something that is flat and we can just put together quickly when we arrive?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#655 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Are you ladies bringing a card box with you? Would it be tacky not to have one? I just feel like I have enough crap wedding stuff to bring down already! lol

I don't expect the people attending to bring gifts or cards or anything but what if they do? Would it be awful to just have them laid on a table? Or is there any kind of cheap card box I could get. Something that is flat and we can just put together quickly when we arrive?

I am not taking a card box for the exact reasons you stated-- one I don't want to drag it there and two because I don't expect people to bring cards to the wedding. I will have one at my at home reception.  

#656 kard613

kard613
      • 225 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I was thinking about asking the hotel if they had a basket that I could borrow and pretty-up with some ribbon for the cards, that way their not just thrown onto the table out in the open. I'm also putting a family member in charge of removing and putting them into a room safe before the end of the night when things tend to get blurry

#657 natalieblev

natalieblev
        • 400 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Okay finally purchased my wedding day jewelry! I love the stone color- reminds me of the ocean! Glad that is done! :) 

http://www.etsy.com/...ref=seller_info

#658 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Okay finally purchased my wedding day jewelry! I love the stone color- reminds me of the ocean! Glad that is done! :)  http://www.etsy.com/...ieNilsonDesigns http://www.etsy.com/...ref=seller_info

Beautiful... I love it! I love the color, as well! It's very beachy.

#659 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I just wanted to share my Pre-Travel Mailer with you girls! I decided against a "brochure" and went with a double sided notecard basically bc I already had envelopes that wouldn't fit a brochure haha! Here is the link:

http://www.bestdesti...nd-lots-of-pics

Let me know what you lovely ladies think!

11 days until we close on our house and 55 days until the wedding...eeeeekkkk!!!!!!! #freakinexcited

#660 natalieblev

natalieblev
          • 400 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

I just wanted to share my Pre-Travel Mailer with you girls! I decided against a "brochure" and went with a double sided notecard basically bc I already had envelopes that wouldn't fit a brochure haha! Here is the link:

http://www.bestdesti...nd-lots-of-pics

Let me know what you lovely ladies think!

11 days until we close on our house and 55 days until the wedding...eeeeekkkk!!!!!!! #freakinexcited

So sweet! I love that you included the flower girl and ring bearers' choices too!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users