Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#241 mareW9

• 159 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

My dress was 1500, but the shop I went to includes alterations, which I thought was great. It was also the first dress I liked right away - The next 2 I liked were $3600 and $4600 - way more than I wanted to spend!

#242 HazelsMelody

• 169 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

Mine came to $750 after taxes. I didn't want to spend any more than $1000, but I found this dress and had no idea how much it was. When I went to inquire about it at my bridal shop, I was SO pleased to to find out it was only $650!! :o)

I can't imagine spending oodles and oodles of money on a dress I'm only going to wear once (well, twice since I'll wear it at our at home reception as well).
      Iberostar Varadero
      25 March 2011
      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#243 Lite

• 96 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

I just bought mine, a Jade Daniels. One shop had it priced at $998 and the other at $1398, the second store priced match and i got it! So after tax, alterations, accessories and shoes I should be able to stay under $1500 which is what i was thinking! :)

#244 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

My dress (Amy Michelson) is 4,000 retail and bought it for $900 as a sample! Yippie for sample sales

Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#245 bediva33

• 118 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

I don't want to spend more than $1000.

#246 clgriffi7

• Banned
            • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

I ordered my dress at one of the discount bridal stores (where you don't get the help of a personal sales person) for $525.  The sticker price was $618 but they were having a15% off sale on a few styles of that designer at the time.  The sale did pressure me into ordering earlier than I had planned, but so far I still love my choice.  The sticker had a "compare at" price of $927, but I don't know if that is real or just a number to make you feel good about your "discount".  I had set $1000 as my limit for the sales price of the dress, knowing that tax, alterations, and undergarments could cause the price to rise closer to $1500.  I am happy that everything will be under $1000 for the dress I chose because my fiance doesn't understand about about a girl and her wedding gown so $1500 would have been a tough pill for him to swallow.

#247 Ayslinn

• 200 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

I'm not even halfway through this thread yet... but I have to say I am so happy to see this thread and so happy about these boards!!! I have gotten a ton of good dress ideas already and I'm only on page 10... plus tips on where to get them for cheap! thanks ladies you all rock.

#248 luzagodo

• Banned
                • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

I  know a shop have many cheap and beautiful wedding dress,It's name is GoodOrient,maybe you can get your dreaming dress.

#249 AnnaBanana

• 376 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

My dress was $299 on sale online from David's Bridal.  My original goal was to be under $1,000 and believe me, I tried on a million dresses.  I even almost bought one for $800 that a salesperson talked me into being the one.

But isn't it funny - this one dress online kept popping in my head.  I could never get it out.  It was online only, though, which meant I had to order it withOUT trying it on and that was the only reason I never bought it. 

One day, I decided to throw caution to the wind and give the dress a go, anyway.  I am SO glad I did, because it was THE dress.

#250 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

My dress with taxes but without alterations was $1400.  Unfortunately, it is too big so I imagine alterations will be a couple hundred bucks but it will all be worth it.  I absolutely love my gown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users