• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 USMC_Wife2Be

USMC_Wife2Be
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lizz

This place has some GREAT stuff!! I'm calling them now about a few to see if they're in stock on my size Thank you thank you!

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:12 PM

Good luck! Let us know what you find!!!

#13 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
      • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

I have always loved Alfred Angelo Style No 1516:

Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

I know two girls that have picked this dress: one at a destination wedding in DR and one in my home town. Both have looked wonderful in it!

It has red accents and a corset back. I'm sure that it is fairly easy to come by. Perhaps, you could try it on in the store (retails for $1037) and then order it online for a cheaper price (online for $749). If you check out the House of Brides website, you can order the dress online and have it delivered immediately: Immediate Delivery Wedding Dress Style 1516 :: Immediate Delivery Wedding Dresses :: Immediate Delivery Dresses :: House of Brides

Hope this helps,

Erin.

#14 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

Ok, not sure if this can help you, but what about finding a dress maker/steamstress that you can hire to "copy" your dress (the one that is on backorder.) This way you can get the dress you want and it may actually cost you less money. Do you have a craigslist.com for your area? Check there for dress makers/steamstresses.

Also, call the BBB and report that dress shop. This is their business, they should know what they're doing. If not, other brides should at least be warned.

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

Geez! I'm not much help but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!!! That store sucks!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

That really stinks. Can you post a pic of the dress so we can see what it looked like?

Lizz is on a mission for you and doing great, but you know what they say, a pictures worth a thousand words...

#17 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

Omg that is just horrible.. I hope you find an awesome replacement! And that store sucks!

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

Geez! I'm not much help but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!!! That store sucks!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#19 jmhein

jmhein
                  • 665 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

This one looks almost like the one you described?!! Maybe??

Style Tina Bridal Gown - Wedding Dresses
                    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#20 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                    • 1,798 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear that! Can you let us see the dress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users