Home Sweet Home Negril

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Futurebride

Futurebride
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

Myself and my Fiance are looking at having a Negril wedding and I am hoping you guys can help me out with some information on Home Sweet Home. I tried to search the posted threads but, couldn't find anything directly related to a wedding at Home Sweet Home. We will be having all our guests stay at an AI on the beach and I am looking at having an offsite wedding/ reception. Has anyone had any experience with a wedding at Home Sweet Home?

On there website, they show a wedding set up in the photo gallery but, I am finding it near impossible to find any reviews or actual experiences from a bride who married at HSH.

Looking forward to your responses and sharing in the planning experience with everyone here!

#2 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I ran into that same problem and ultimately that's what stopped me from going with them (I write reviews and I read them). I went with Moon Dance Villas. I will ask my TA and my JA coordinator and see if they have any feedback.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#3 Futurebride

Futurebride
      • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

You would be a lifesaver if you could! I love moon dance villas but the majority of our guests are beach people so I figured staying on the beach and having a cliffside wedding was the best of both worlds. Thanks for your reply! And Congrars to you!

#4 Cherina

Cherina
        • Banned
        • 636 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Moon Dance villas are directly on the beach as in wake up walk to your patio and beach. Private beach! You may want to consider staying at the moon dance villas and marring at moon dance cliffs. You can arrange for guests to have access at both and as far as you wedding any guests staying at either property have reception, rehearsal dinner exc included which is a huge money saver Hope it helps!

#5 Cherina

Cherina
          • Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Oh also both moon dance have AI options

#6 Futurebride

Futurebride
            • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hi Cherina,

You're right. I think I was getting Moon Dance Villas confused with Moon Dance Cliffs. I checked into Moon Dance and while it is absolutely amazing, the larger all-inclusives just offer a better price/ package deal for accomodations and flights which is unfortunate after looking at MDV. I'm still hoping to find a bit of information on HSH. I find it strange that you can see photos of weddings that did take place there but, haven't been able to find one bride or review with an experience.

#7 Cherina

Cherina
              • Banned
              • 636 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

My TA said that she has had limited feedback about them but it was all Neutral. They did the job, things were nice and in order but not amazing or above an beyond. I guess that may e why the reviews are hard to come by, rarely to people review neutral just horrible or phenominal.

#8 Giffojess1

Giffojess1
                • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

In Negril, for an Off-Site/Non Hotel wedding Ceremony and Reception check out :

Rondel Village

Charela Inn

Sea Wind Resort

Catcha Falling Star

Catcha will handle the wedding even if your guests are not staying there, I assume the other above hotels will also. They all have websites and prices vary according to what you want and how simple or extravagant you want the Decor to be etc ...

Good luck !

#9 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                  • 174 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

I must admit that this board is a wealth of information but it leaves me confused as to what I want to do in terms of ceremony/reception.  I'm off to research the places above...thx ladies for all this great info.

#10 KWandCM

KWandCM
                    • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MsFaszion 

I must admit that this board is a wealth of information but it leaves me confused as to what I want to do in terms of ceremony/reception.  I'm off to research the places above...thx ladies for all this great info.

I'm with you... the board is so amazing in terms of information but it can be a little overwhelming. I hope that you're able to find the right location for your wedding, soon! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users