Sign in to follow this  
Renewedbride

June 2013 Playacar Palace Brides

Hey guys haven't sent the photographer the edits I want to have done yet but I'm going to post a few pics of the wedding. It was awesome! :-) The following pics are of the resort (Playacar Palace), cocktail hour and rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception and the photo shoot we did with our resort credits before we went to Secrets Silversands for our honeymoon. Epic wedding and honeymoon!! woot.gif after ceremony-bride and groom2.jpg LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL
Hi there RenewedBride! I'm getting married at PP next June. All of your photos are lovely! How early did they let you book your locations? I'm thinkingI'm going to have close to 50 people. I'm wanting to use the wedding terrace and Luna Li unge as well.

Hi ladies, I just have to say that the Playacar Palace was a fantastic location to have my wedding. I see Matt from Del Sol posted my pictures. They did such an awesome job and I would highly recommend them. They are the pictures that are just a few posts back. Mariachi band was also great. Good luck with planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelHolmes21 View Post

I booked my location about 90 days out, but I wouldn't worry too much I was so indecisive and last minute with some things, but they make sure you get exactly what you want :-)

I booked my location about 90 days out, but I wouldn't worry too much I was so indecisive and last minute with some things, but they make sure you get exactly what you want :-)
Thanks! That makes me feel a little more at ease. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelHolmes21 View Post

Thanks! That makes me feel a little more at ease. :)

I'm glad I could help :-) This really was one of the best experiences I've ever had... And if they could deal with me and all of my chaos and still assist me in bringing forth the vision for my day, I'm sure they will do the same for you. My parents have traveled all over the world and they both said they have never experienced the level of customer service and professionalism that they encountered at Playacar Palace. Your day will be great!

Hey Lynz--just sent this as a PM but wanted to include it for everyone else...

The resort credits were sort of a pain.  The golf is down at moon palace, so no one from our group of 70 wound up going to use it (it's around 45 minutes each way, plus catching the shuttle, etc.).  They also have a couple of excursions that are available to use with the resort credits.  It sort of depends how long you're there whether you'll use them.  Most of the excursions are only 1-2 days/week and I don't think anything is really available on the weekend aside from the dolphins on Saturday.  Since our guests came mostly Thursday-Monday, not many people were able to use the credits outside of the spa.

For the spa, you're only allowed to use 20% of your overall credits at the spa (for 1500 it's 300).  The spa services wind up being fairly expensive though I think to compensate for the credits (around $139 is the starting price for massages).  I definitely used all the credits I could (and went over a couple of hundred) at the spa for hair, hair trial, and then part of a massage.  The spa is new and absolutely gorgeous!

One other thing for the spa-- tipping.  It's very confusing because there's no place to tip, however when you get your bill at checkout you'll notice there's a service charge (in addition to tax) that is fairly high for the spa.  I believe this is the tip, so no need to worry about it.  It would have been nice to know though because we did wind up tipping a few people double (of course, they're all awesome and deserve it).

Of our 1500 credits I think we just used the 300 for the spa.  We tried to do the romantic dinner on the beach, but it looked like it was going to storm so we wound up bailing. It might be possible to use credits to have a photographer take pictures of the rehearsal dinner or another event outside of the wedding.  We had some friends who took those pics for us so we didn't ask, but it might be worth checking into.

Hey ladies!

Just got pics from my friend from our rehearsal dinner on the beach deck.. thought you might want to check it out!  We went minimal on decor, main purchase was renting strings of light from Zuniga.

http://www.brandonmoffitt.com/2013/08/31/gene-amandas-rehearsal-dinner/?fb_comment_id=fbc_450827038364048_2248535_451053451674740#f39ed9bae5f47