Site Visits

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MarisaC

MarisaC
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm newly engaged and wondering about a site visit. I'm worried that I will be swayed by flashy website marketing. I'm easily distracted by that kind of stuff LOL I am definetly overwhelmed by all the options and I feel like when I see the perfect resort, I'll just know. Has anyone done a site visit to see multiple hotels? Was it worth it?

Thanks!

Marisa

#2 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hello MarisaC,

Congratulation on your engagement and you have found a perfect wedding site!

My advice to you is try to make a wish list of what you expect from a resort/hotel you want to host your wedding. ask yourself the following questions:

What is your budget?

How much do you want your guests to spend for the resorts?

Are you looking for an all inclusive? 

Are looking for family friendly resorts or adults only?

once you have narrowed down your top 3 resorts, then you can decide to do a site inspection. 

or other option could be choosing a non resort site. 

Feel free to ask me anything and I will be happy to help!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
      weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
      http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
      Joyce

#3 safety75

safety75
      • 287 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

If I could of afforded one I would have but for financial reasons can't. This site has been a great resource and after reading reviews and connecting with brides g married at my resort-- I'm completely at ease not doing one.

#4 LCB803

LCB803
        • 89 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MarisaC 

Hi Ladies,

I'm newly engaged and wondering about a site visit. I'm worried that I will be swayed by flashy website marketing. I'm easily distracted by that kind of stuff LOL I am definetly overwhelmed by all the options and I feel like when I see the perfect resort, I'll just know. Has anyone done a site visit to see multiple hotels? Was it worth it?

Thanks!

Marisa

I would DEFINITELY recommend a site visit-- lots of them! We flew into Cancun in July and spent 3.5 days looking at places there and in Playa del Carmen... about 17 total! It was exhausting, but I can't imagine making such an important decision sight-unseen... I would also DEFINITELY recommend using a WC who is local. You can't do everything yourself from afar! I adore mine-- Joss Morales from Unique Weddings Cancun.She does charge a fee (ours is $800) whereas I know some don't because they work on commission; so far though, it's been worth every penny.

Also, if/when you go, do go with a game plan-- do some online research to narrow down a list of those you're interested in, but be prepared for that list to go out the window (like ours did!) once you hook up with a knowledgeable WC. 

Good luck! 

#5 leenawhite

leenawhite
          • 21 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by LCB803 

I would DEFINITELY recommend a site visit-- lots of them! We flew into Cancun in July and spent 3.5 days looking at places there and in Playa del Carmen... about 17 total! It was exhausting, but I can't imagine making such an important decision sight-unseen... I would also DEFINITELY recommend using a WC who is local. You can't do everything yourself from afar! I adore mine-- Joss Morales from Unique Weddings Cancun.She does charge a fee (ours is $800) whereas I know some don't because they work on commission; so far though, it's been worth every penny.

Also, if/when you go, do go with a game plan-- do some online research to narrow down a list of those you're interested in, but be prepared for that list to go out the window (like ours did!) once you hook up with a knowledgeable WC. 

Good luck! 

Awesome that you guys go to visit so many places even though I'm sure it was exhausting! We also plan to do a jam packed site visit in the next couple of months as we both are adamant on seeing the venue in person before booking anything. Did the fee include the menu tastings or was that a separate charge from the fee? Thanks!

#6 misbosox

misbosox
            • 294 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
            • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm hoping to do some site visits as well. I know Azul offers a bridal rehersal site visit. Does anyone know if other resorts offer something like this????

#7 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
            • Vendor
            • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Helo Brides,

Here is a thread on this forum that I create about some tips about site vistis.

Hope it helps and happy planning!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/a/site-inspections-step-by-step

#8 solymare21

solymare21
              • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yazmin Necesito info del grand coral Para k me organize una boda para el 4 de enero 2014 Email me

#9 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
                • Vendor
                • 336 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by solymare21 

Yazmin
                  Necesito info del grand coral
                  Para k me organize una boda para el 4 de enero 2014
                  Email me

Hola Solymar21,

Te acabo de enviar un PM.  Porfavor pasame tu email para enviarte la info.

Saludos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users