How early did you buy your dress?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 MelB2012

• 182 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

I've picked my dress, but I still have to go in for measurements and put on a down payment. I plan on going in November, and I get married in November 2013. So, I'll have about a year... but they are telling me to give my dress 8 months to arrive.... So, as long as I do go by January, I'm in clear waters.

#32 chantal09

• 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I am getting married Jan 17th 2013 and bought my dress at the end of March of this past year. The store said it would be 6-8 months for them to produce it, but it arrived in August.

#33 RNtoBe

• 255 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I just ordered mine last week and my wedding is in May. My dress is custom so shouldn't need alterations. 

#34 LAtravelgirl

• 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I ordered mine from a department store with a good return policy. I actually bought a 6 and an 8. When they arrived I almost brought the 6 back to the store to return it. I am so glad I didn't. Not only will I be wearing the 6, but having the sides taken in, too! I thought I would need the 8 to zip up over my breasts, then I found a minimizing bra, and then thanks to pilates, I can wear the dress without the minimizer and can even have cups sewn in! Of course that means the alterations are trickier as she can only take in the sides at the waist and needs to leave the bust area, which means the alterations will cost more, but I'm ok with it to show off the waist I have worked so hard to get back.

PS  I ordered the dress in August and have been watching what I eat and doing pilates and going for walks as much as I can. I took my dress in for alterations last week, although since I had not committed to shoes, she is going to wait to start until I come back with shoes.

#35 ashk

• 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

We're getting married Jan 20, 2013. I bought my dress at a sample sale in Jan 2012 - complete fluke, I went to the sale to help my friend look for a dress for her wedding... we both found dresses that day :)

It's never too early to start looking and seeing what you actually like/dislike, so that when you find something you love, you'll know it's the one :)

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#36 Cherina

• Banned
            • 636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I bought mine this week and my wedding is in 16 months Feb 2014. Never to early if it is THE dress.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users