Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#731 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

I will be sure to upload photos once I'm done with them!! The brochures have been uploaded to vista print so it will be a couple of weeks! But the invitations should be done in the next week or so, I took on such a huge project!

I can't wait to see them!! :) I need to check out this vista print thing....

#732 llewald

llewald
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hey Ladies-

I'm trying to decide between a beach and garden gazebo ceremony at Bavaro Palace Deluxe.

What are your thoughts about the beach ceremony- I am really concerned about privacy and beach onlookers. I have heard horror stories about rowdy crowds that ruined the ceremony.

Let me know!

Thanks

#733 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by llewald 

Hey Ladies-

I'm trying to decide between a beach and garden gazebo ceremony at Bavaro Palace Deluxe.

What are your thoughts about the beach ceremony- I am really concerned about privacy and beach onlookers. I have heard horror stories about rowdy crowds that ruined the ceremony.

Let me know!

Thanks

I'm doing a beach ceremony regardless, it was the whole idea of a destination wedding!! Our resort is a semi private area

#734 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
    • 503 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

Quote:

Hey Ladies-

Let me know!

Thanks

I'm doing a beach ceremony regardless, it was the whole idea of a destination wedding!! Our resort is a semi private area

Me too! I think I have enough people coming to my wedding who will take down an rowdy onlookers.... but I think for the most part, people have more respect than that. You may have a lot of watchers, but I really don't think anyone is going to be rude or obscene.

#735 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hey Ladies-

Let me know!

Thanks

There's actually a thread for BBPD. Plenty of brides have done the beach ceremony and loved it. I am personally getting married on the pier at BBPD just because my FI fell in love with the idea .

#736 SimplyMV

SimplyMV
        • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I should've come here before posting my "newbie thread" on getting pushback from my family about doing a destination wedding. I see most of you ladies feel my pain!!!!

#737 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
          • 160 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi! :) I'm a newbie, not only to BDW but this whole posting on a forum deal. I am getting married March 14, 2014 at Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana. I'm a big DIYer & I'm hoping to meet other brides who have great ideas to share.

#738 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
            • 599 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hi! :) I'm a newbie, not only to BDW but this whole posting on a forum deal. I am getting married March 14, 2014 at Majestic Colonial, Punta Cana. I'm a big DIYer & I'm hoping to meet other brides who have great ideas to share.

Welcome SammyAnna and congrats on your engagement! I personally do not consider myself to be great at DIY, but I am continually amazed at the talent and creativity of many brides on these boards. You will definitely find yourself in great company!

#739 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
              • 160 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thank you! :)

#740 kather2008

kather2008
                • 40 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by YossiMeyer 

Congratulations Kather2008!