Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#61 mairelys

mairelys
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm going to wait until probably a year out for the officials, but I'm gearing up to sent out the save the dates pretty soon!

#62 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
    • 150 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
    • LocationDominican

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by mairelys 

I'm going to wait until probably a year out for the officials, but I'm gearing up to sent out the save the dates pretty soon!

That was my plan exactly but I had issues with the STD when it came time...

Originally I had planned to send out save the dates instead of the invites this early so I contacted my travel agent to set up travel dates so I could finalize the wedding date and include this in the STD cards. However, in order to secure the travel dates my TA said we would have 90 days for guests to put down their deposits to secure those dates. At this point, I figured the deposit is pretty much is an RSVP and the STD's would have booking information, resort info, wedding website etc...essentially they were turning into invites!! So I scrapped the STD idea and went straight to the invites. 

I wonder if this happens a lot to DW brides?? 

And I see we're both July 2014!!! Yay!!

#63 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
    • 150 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
    • LocationDominican

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

o
    Jenn
    It's not just you mine are going out any day now, I'm almost don't and I am just under 15 months away. I have caught a bit of flack for opting to sent the officials out so early but I want my guests to have time to budget and plan. Plus by the time the traditional timeline suggests the final payment would already be past do.
    You are not alone:-)
    Cherina

Your almost at the one year mark which I think is pretty reasonable for DW invites! You can always tell your guests that some brides send them out 19 months out! (like me, haha!)

Jenn

#64 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cherina 

o
      Jenn
      It's not just you mine are going out any day now, I'm almost don't and I am just under 15 months away. I have caught a bit of flack for opting to sent the officials out so early but I want my guests to have time to budget and plan. Plus by the time the traditional timeline suggests the final payment would already be past do.
      You are not alone:-)
      Cherina

Your almost at the one year mark which I think is pretty reasonable for DW invites! You can always tell your guests that some brides send them out 19 months out! (like me, haha!)

Jenn

Jenn I wanted them out in early October! But we had some issues with the printer and the color so I should have them in hand for assembly this Thursday and in the mail by December 1 which is 14.5 months out. Everybody has an opinion but mine counts and my opinion is to be stress free come Feb 14. And to mean that means info out early, dress early and to continue checking off the list. I would love to see your invites.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#65 StephF

StephF
      • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Nice to "meet" you! :)

#66 StephF

StephF
        • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mairelys 

Aw didn't even notice! I'm from St. John's! 

Oops...still dont really know what I'm doing. I'm technically challenged. Nice to meet you MAIRELYS!

Really enjoying reading everyone's plans. I am so anxious to flight information to come out ( aka prices) so my fiance and I can finally make a concrete decision on where our wedding will be. I'm so impatient!

#67 STemple

STemple
          • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm so glad I found this, I'm a 2014 bride as well! I'm glad i'm not the only bride planning this far in advance.

I'm gonna try to do as much diy as I can however I'm definitely not that creative so we will see how that goes!

#68 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

hola ladies - and Congrats to all you brides :) we're already fielding inquiries for photography bookings as far out as late 2014.......so you see, it's a fairly common practise to get started asap - a timeline that works very well for destination weddings.

We always advise our brides to book whatever they can as soon as their date is firm - to avoid the disappointment of it not being available for their first choice date.

I concur with Cherina's preferred method of operation.......ie get things checked off the to-do list asap and avoid the stress of it piling up into a rush later, or at the last minute........good thinking :)

Wishing everyone a wonderfully stress-free research + planning process, and may you each have the magnificently perfect wedding of your dreams! Cheers!

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#69 mairelys

mairelys
              • 117 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yay July 2014 brides! :D

#70 sbowie

sbowie
                • Site Supporter
                • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I have decided to do my ceremony and reception at the Jellyfish restaurant in Punta Cana.  The Coordinator, Mayre, has been good with responding.  She responds within 3-5 days.  Now I just have to decide on a resort that is close to JF, and is a mid size, beautiful, and reasonably priced for my guests.  If anyone has suggestions..........I'm all ears!!  Thanks!!!

My wedding date is: May 17, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users