Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?


  • Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5211 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • Member
  • 868 posts

    Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by niknic456 

    These are pics of my ring from the night he proposed....It's funny because after being with him for 4 yrs he didn't know my ring size, he thought I was a size 4 and I couldn't event get my ring on....

     

    If anyone in NJ or NY needs a jeweler my guy is awesome...my ring appraised for $22k of course my FI did not pay that amount...I also purchased a necklace for my dress that was $4,900 but my jeweler sold it to us for $2,500.... AND my FI had to have a custom made ring and it was only $1,500 with 1ct of diamonds  AMAZING DEAL!!!!

     

    *

     

    *

     

    My FI's custom made ring

     

    My wedding day necklace

     

    I'd love to contact you're jewelr. I need a ring for my fl. he wants black diamonds (after i've already gotten him a ring he likes). doesn't have to be anything extravagant, but definitely with the black diamonds. does he do payment or do you pay it all at one time?

    #5212 niknic456

    niknic456
    • Jr. Member
    • 184 posts

      Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

      Originally Posted by shugapop1 

       

      I'd love to contact you're jewelr. I need a ring for my fl. he wants black diamonds (after i've already gotten him a ring he likes). doesn't have to be anything extravagant, but definitely with the black diamonds. does he do payment or do you pay it all at one time?

       

      Neil Bekdas

      Bekdas Jewelry

      973-890-4101

      bekdas57@yahoo.com

       

      Neil is awesome!!! If you have a picture of what you want just show it to him and his father can make it or he may have rings in stock with black diamonds, I can't remember actually I'm going to see him this weekend to get a watch and I will snap some pics for you.

       

      The best part is he will let you pay what you want so long as he knows he's getting a sale....they are a great family business and go out of there way to make you happy.



      #5213 shugapop1

      shugapop1
      • Member
      • 868 posts

        Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by niknic456 

         

        Neil Bekdas

        Bekdas Jewelry

        973-890-4101

        bekdas57@yahoo.com

         

        Neil is awesome!!! If you have a picture of what you want just show it to him and his father can make it or he may have rings in stock with black diamonds, I can't remember actually I'm going to see him this weekend to get a watch and I will snap some pics for you.

         

        The best part is he will let you pay what you want so long as he knows he's getting a sale....they are a great family business and go out of there way to make you happy.

         

        thank you so much. pm me and i will give you my phone number you can text me with information. i can tell you that i want tungsten or white gold, and i need 1ct black diamonds for him. if he's as good as you say, he doesn't have to worry, he'll be gettiing the sale. lol

        #5214 niknic456

        niknic456
        • Jr. Member
        • 184 posts

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

          Originally Posted by shugapop1 

           

          thank you so much. pm me and i will give you my phone number you can text me with information. i can tell you that i want tungsten or white gold, and i need 1ct black diamonds for him. if he's as good as you say, he doesn't have to worry, he'll be gettiing the sale. lol


           I sent you a PM....



          #5215 vas2014

          vas2014
          • Jr. Member
          • 159 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

          I’m not sure what do.  I reach out to 3 travel agents base on brides on here went with Patty from Wright travel. My guest have not stop calling me complaining about the Airfare suggestion she is giving them. My mother reach out to her wanting to book the resort and inquired about airfare. Patty  suggested a 10hr flight to Punta Cana. My mother lives in NYC. My Girlfriend flying in from Chicago received a 14hr flight.  They both asked for a direct flight and I’m afraid to call and see if she got back to them. I’ve signed a contact with them and paid 2,000  to block off 20 rooms. What should I do?



          #5216 niknic456

          niknic456
          • Jr. Member
          • 184 posts

            Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

            Originally Posted by vas2014 

            I’m not sure what do.  I reach out to 3 travel agents base on brides on here went with Patty from Wright travel. My guest have not stop calling me complaining about the Airfare suggestion she is giving them. My mother reach out to her wanting to book the resort and inquired about airfare. Patty  suggested a 10hr flight to Punta Cana. My mother lives in NYC. My Girlfriend flying in from Chicago received a 14hr flight.  They both asked for a direct flight and I’m afraid to call and see if she got back to them. I’ve signed a contact with them and paid 2,000  to block off 20 rooms. What should I do?


            WOW....that is awful...ae you're guests allowed to book their own airfare??? I had this problem initally and then I told my TA to only book the rooms and transportation and my guests will get their own airfare....Also I was able to get a group discount code through American Airlines to provide my guests in order to get a discounted flight & they can put a deposit on a ticket....I believe Miss Jali did a post on getting group discounted airfare!



            #5217 shugapop1

            shugapop1
            • Member
            • 868 posts

              Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

              WOW....that is awful...ae you're guests allowed to book their own airfare??? I had this problem initally and then I told my TA to only book the rooms and transportation and my guests will get their own airfare....Also I was able to get a group discount code through American Airlines to provide my guests in order to get a discounted flight & they can put a deposit on a ticket....I believe Miss Jali did a post on getting group discounted airfare!

              I need to call american airlines because I'm not sure which airlines requires everyonr to leave on same dates from same location

              #5218 niknic456

              niknic456
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

                Originally Posted by shugapop1 


                I need to call american airlines because I'm not sure which airlines requires everyonr to leave on same dates from same location


                That's why I went with American because it does matter where your guests leave from so long as they are all going to the same destination. They gave me a promo code and my guests enter it in the promo code section when they book.



                #5219 SoonMrsD

                SoonMrsD
                • Jr. Member
                • 245 posts

                  Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

                  Originally Posted by niknic456 


                  That's why I went with American because it does matter where your guests leave from so long as they are all going to the same destination. They gave me a promo code and my guests enter it in the promo code section when they book.

                   

                  I can give you my travel agent info, from Liberty Travel. Susan is great maybe she can help!

                   

                  Susan Glasser / Travel Consultant
                  Liberty Travel
                  ======================

                  212-620-3049
                  GlasserS@libertytravel.com



                  #5220 RaynDrop

                  RaynDrop
                  • Community Manager
                  • 1,277 posts

                    Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

                    Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

                     

                     

                    Haha yeah - to us we are engaged.   We have been together over 6 years - never talked about marriage really ... I have always said that it was never something I wanted to do.  We had a very informal conversation about it and I knew right away that we would do a small destination so I didn't want him to feel pressured to get a ring and do a formal engagement (which I am waiting for... it doesn't have to be a big song and dance but he needs to do something sweet and romantic!!!) before he was ready ... Since I want that to all be a surprise I figured we could go ahead and start planning and the proposal will follow. I wanted to make sure I gave everyone plenty of time to plan their trip but  I don't want to hear any confused or snarky comments from people because I feel like it isn't anyone's business how we are planning our day so that is why we decided that for now we have only told those that are invited to the wedding that we are getting married... for everyone else (included those that we will invite to our AHR)  they can wait . . .  
                     
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by niknic456 


                    You know there is always 1 person that tries to rain on the parade....if you and your F have the understanding about the ring that is all that matters!!! My FI and I have been together for 4 yrs and believe it or not we never talked about getting married, it was like unspoken that we knew we loved each other dearly and would be together forever (ring or not)....but out of the blue he proposed at dinner with a HUGE diamond and the rest is hisotry....so my theory is the longer a girl waits the bigger your diamond will be....lol

                     

                    Haha Nice!

                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

                    I'm hanging in there... After reading the boards I've decided to change my TA. So that's a little stressful. I'm not sure how that's going to affect my wedding date. i'm just trying to get through the weekend. Congrats on your last semester of Grad school. It will be over before you know it. YOu'll have so much free time you won't even know what to do with yourself. 

                     

                    I have a great TA if you would like her info - just let me know!

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by vas2014 

                    I’m not sure what do.  I reach out to 3 travel agents base on brides on here went with Patty from Wright travel. My guest have not stop calling me complaining about the Airfare suggestion she is giving them. My mother reach out to her wanting to book the resort and inquired about airfare. Patty  suggested a 10hr flight to Punta Cana. My mother lives in NYC. My Girlfriend flying in from Chicago received a 14hr flight.  They both asked for a direct flight and I’m afraid to call and see if she got back to them. I’ve signed a contact with them and paid 2,000  to block off 20 rooms. What should I do?

                     

                    Same to you....  My TA is really nice and very helpful.!!!


                    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users