Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1621 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Cindy diy!! I made about 75 passports for about $100 in supplies! i'll send you the template! don't waste your money on that stuff!

Awesome miss jali..wish I could make..thinking of trying some projects though..need to get my butt in gear just so non crafty:-(

#1622 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Posted Imagethese are the ones I found on ebay for my bridesmaids

Very pretty

#1623 pzl101

pzl101
      • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Cindy diy!! I made about 75 passports for about $100 in supplies! i'll send you the template! don't waste your money on that stuff!

wow, that's great! are you planning on DIy for other things like programs etc?

#1624 pzl101

pzl101
        • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Awesome miss jali..wish I could make..thinking of trying some projects though..need to get my butt in gear just so non crafty:-(

haha I agree, I see such great things on BDW and i think no way can I do that.

#1625 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

When I get home tonight I will email you the template. Honestly I bought all the paper and envelopes from paperandmore.com and I printed on my home printer (a very cheap printer at that!) You can take to kinkos to cut or cut yourself with a paper cutter. I couldn't fathom paying $500 for invites. and Could you believe?!? My invites have gone out and I have to make more?!? Because my mom wants keepsakes and my FI's grandfather wants to invite the entire island of St. Vincent!!

Of course mom wants keepsakes..too funny FI grandfather. .your so right mine were almost $500 fi had a fit and those were only stds..I need to get it together

#1626 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
            • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

haha I agree, I see such great things on BDW and i think no way can I do that.

I know..i try so bad to convince myself you can do it..hahaha

#1627 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
              • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hey ladies. What are you all doing for flowers..bridal bouquets and for those of you having bridal parties..what are you doing for the girls/guys. The prices at my resort for flowers seem so outrageous. Im thinking of doing real touch. They look so real and a lot more cost effective.

#1628 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

It does help that my mom was a catering director for a hotel and used to plan weddings and now she's a preschool teacher and she is very good at throwing creative ideas at me to spice things up. So I decided that my favors would be mini bottles of mamajuana since it's in DR. I bought the bottles empty, my dad will either make or we'll just ask the bartenders at the resort to fill up the bottles, their mamajuana is the best!!! But I need ideas for the labels now! UGH!

#1629 moodyc82

moodyc82
                  • 614 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
                  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Of course mom wants keepsakes..too funny FI grandfather. .your so right mine were almost $500 fi had a fit and those were only stds..I need to get it together

I spent $110 on 23 save the dates with shipping etc. and even than my FI pitched a fit....can't imagine what he would say about almost $200 for the invites *sigh*

#1630 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                  • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

It does help that my mom was a catering director for a hotel and used to plan weddings and now she's a preschool teacher and she is very good at throwing creative ideas at me to spice things up. So I decided that my favors would be mini bottles of mamajuana since it's in DR. I bought the bottles empty, my dad will either make or we'll just ask the bartenders at the resort to fill up the bottles, their mamajuana is the best!!! But I need ideas for the labels now! UGH!

Great so I can blame my mom for my lack of creativity. .hahaha Is that a DR drink?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users