Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

Im a 2014 bride also, march 8, 2014! Iwill be sending the STDs out in jan. I already took advantage and got my postcards for the rsvps for the invites and our website is up. I also feel a little crazy for planning so far ahead and buying things but i am sure i will get a better deal on things since im so ahead of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MissJali you shouldn't feel bad it is not that far away, preparedness equates to less stress. Can you plan a wedding faster? YES will it be a overly pleasant experience? PROBABLY NOT SO MUCH. Happy planning, and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Cherina View Post

 

MissJali you shouldn't feel bad it is not that far away, preparedness equates to less stress. Can you plan a wedding faster? YES will it be a overly pleasant experience? PROBABLY NOT SO MUCH. Happy planning, and have fun.

 

Definitely agree with Cherina planning early will be less stressful in the end. Congratulations ladies. I am so excited for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! I'm so glad I found this thread! My fiancé and i have been engaged for 10 months, and are planning a destination wedding April 2014:) Can't wait! We are choosing between Punta Cana and Mayan Riviera/Cancun. The only thing we have decided is the time of year and a couple different destinations... Any ideas or advice would be great! Also, thinking luggage tags for STDs:) Thanks 2014 brides! We want to choose the destination/resort by march and that's when we will send STDs, and invitations August??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies!!! I'm Lorraine and have been engaged for 6 months now. I thought I was planning way too early until I found this thread, now I feel like I am way behind. :D So far my fiancé and I have decided on getting married in Cancun, Mexico sometime July 2014. I have already been in contact with a TA from Wright Travel Agency. Her name is Wendy and so far has been awesome with providing information and getting back to me quick. It looks like the resort I have set eyes on is The Gran Caribe Real in Cancun. Their oceanfront chapel is what really sold me. Has anyone ever been to this resort what are your thoughts? I'm planning a site visit sometime in June or July 2013. Until then I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step. Thoughts/ ideas?? Happy planning everyone and looking forward to getting lots of ideas from you all !!!! -Lorraine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

 

Hello ladies!!!

I'm Lorraine and have been engaged for 6 months now. I thought I was planning way too early until I found this thread, now I feel like I am way behind. cheesy.gif So far my fiancé and I have decided on getting married in Cancun, Mexico sometime July 2014. I have already been in contact with a TA from Wright Travel Agency. Her name is Wendy and so far has been awesome with providing information and getting back to me quick. It looks like the resort I have set eyes on is The Gran Caribe Real in Cancun. Their oceanfront chapel is what really sold me. Has anyone ever been to this resort what are your thoughts? I'm planning a site visit sometime in June or July 2013. Until then I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step. Thoughts/ ideas??

Happy planning everyone and looking forward to getting lots of ideas from you all !!!!

-Lorraine

 

lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77917/courtney-matthews-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-may-4-2013-planning-thread/10#post_1807333.  

 

It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning. rockon.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ktdawson, Thanks so much for the info. I did look at that thread and you are right that timeline is awesome!! It just sucks for me because my FI and I pretty much have everything mapped out from color scheme to bridal party to what package we want but I don't want to purchase anything or set anything in stone until I go on a site visit this summer :( Congrats and good luck to you too!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for sharing that link to the timeline!! That is the best one I've come across so far :) Appreciated!!

 

Jenn

 

Originally Posted by ktdawson View Post


lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77917/courtney-matthews-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-may-4-2013-planning-thread/10#post_1807333.  

 

It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning. rockon.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ktdawson View Post

 

 

lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77917/courtney-matthews-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-may-4-2013-planning-thread/10#post_1807333.  

 

It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning. rockon.gif

 

That timeline is a gem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×