Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
michelle08

Whoever does hair for a living...I need HELP!!

Recommended Posts

Okay so I have the worst luck with my hair because I can't find a decent hairdresser and so I just choose random ones at the last minute when I need something done. The quality is never good!

 

anyway...I had my hair highlighted and it was growing out. So I had dark color all over my hair (close to black) and blonde chunky highlights plus the roots were growing in dark but not as dark as the all over color.

 

So no one could get me in today and so I decided to just dye my hair one color again with some box dye that I had at home called "dark blonde"

 

I just rinsed it out and blow dryed it and it's horrible!!! I have redish orange where the roots were growing in and the rest of it doesn't look bad actually, the dark is still there but lighter and the blonde is just way toned down but it still looks highlighted except for the few random parts underneath wear I must not have got too much color on (it's hard to do it yourself).

 

So long story...but my question is...can i get a darker box color and put that on over this mess tomorrow and 1. will it cover it all since it's darker and 2. will it totally make hair fall out because of so many chemicals!!!!huh.gif?

 

The reason i was so impatient is because i'm in my friends wedding this coming saturday and I wanted to not have the roots growing in and I actually have gray hair (seriouslly) that was growing in and I was too cheap to get highlights again that would probably turn out like crap anyway!

 

OH BOy! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Okay so I have the worst luck with my hair because I can't find a decent hairdresser and so I just choose random ones at the last minute when I need something done. The quality is never good!

anyway...I had my hair highlighted and it was growing out. So I had dark color all over my hair (close to black) and blonde chunky highlights plus the roots were growing in dark but not as dark as the all over color.

So no one could get me in today and so I decided to just dye my hair one color again with some box dye that I had at home called "dark blonde"

I just rinsed it out and blow dryed it and it's horrible!!! I have redish orange where the roots were growing in and the rest of it doesn't look bad actually, the dark is still there but lighter and the blonde is just way toned down but it still looks highlighted except for the few random parts underneath wear I must not have got too much color on (it's hard to do it yourself).

So long story...but my question is...can i get a darker box color and put that on over this mess tomorrow and 1. will it cover it all since it's darker and 2. will it totally make hair fall out because of so many chemicals!!!!huh.gif?

The reason i was so impatient is because i'm in my friends wedding this coming saturday and I wanted to not have the roots growing in and I actually have gray hair (seriouslly) that was growing in and I was too cheap to get highlights again that would probably turn out like crap anyway!

OH BOy! PLEASE HELP ME!!
no box color...............is there a friend who has a hairdresser that you trust........you need a semi permant glaze redken has one is callled sheds eq it is the best it does not damage hair it deposits color back in your hair i say do not do a box because dark with blond highlight s needs a color correction....it can look to dark or very flat like shoepolish or grayish on the old blonde higlights....i wish i was closer to you but i would pick out a picture you like ask a friend and ask about a semi perminat and get it done professionally never do anything yourself before an important event good luck hun.....ask for a condionting treamnt to when you are there.........pm me if you evere need anyting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Erica...i just don't know who can get me in on such short notice...The color I used yesterday did turn the blonde highlights a little grayish...I actually don't think that part of it looks too bad...it's the orange roots! eek!

 

Okay so tomorrow I will call around and see if I can find a professional to get me in....they can still just dye my hair one color right? They just need to do it because my hair needs a color correction? I think I have like 4 or 5 colors in it right now! :0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessyboston View Post
no box color...............is there a friend who has a hairdresser that you trust........you need a semi permant glaze redken has one is callled sheds eq it is the best it does not damage hair it deposits color back in your hair i say do not do a box because dark with blond highlight s needs a color correction....it can look to dark or very flat like shoepolish or grayish on the old blonde higlights....i wish i was closer to you but i would pick out a picture you like ask a friend and ask about a semi perminat and get it done professionally never do anything yourself before an important event good luck hun.....ask for a condionting treamnt to when you are there.........pm me if you evere need anyting...
I totally agree, definitely a semi-permanenet is the best.... in the end if noon could get you in, you might have to be forced to do a semi-permanent box (which isn't the first choice) but I love Shades EQ, it will make your hair soft and deposit the color you need and make your hair shiny again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so shades eq by redkin?? Where can I buy this at Target or something? And I need semi-permanent not permanant?

 

I will definately try and have a professional do it but I leave in 5 days and I have work and school full time so my schedule if very limited!!! UGH! I'm such a dummy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Okay so shades eq by redkin?? Where can I buy this at Target or something? And I need semi-permanent not permanant?

I will definately try and have a professional do it but I leave in 5 days and I have work and school full time so my schedule if very limited!!! UGH! I'm such a dummy!
Redken is only sold to professionals or salon, I was just saying that is the best.... but if you couldn't make an appointment just try to get a box color that is semi-permanent (for emergencies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh okay....thanks....hopefully I can fix this...I don't think it's that bad to where I can't be seen in public...but you can tell that my roots are a different color (orangish red) than the rest of my hair. the rest of my hair since it had the highlights, it just lightened up the dark and the light...

 

:)

 

Thanks for all your help Shelly & Erica!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×