Photo

Best strapless bra to go under wedding dress?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jello

jello
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hi ladies,

What's the best bra to wear under a strapless wedding dress, particularly if you are petite and want a little boost?  I'm looking for something that will bring my 32B to a C-cup or so, and (most importantly!!) will stay put all night through the dancing and hugging and jumping up and down.  I'm considering the Victoria's Secret Biofit as well as The Little Bra Company's Sascha — anyone have experience with either, or other recommendations?

#2 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Are you having your dress altered? If so, it might be worth it to have them add gel cups to the dress itself. They were pretty inexpensive for me (compared to all of the other alterations...), and added a nice cup size. I got a regular long-line strapless bra from David's, am adding the cups, and they are going to stitch the bra into the dress (to be sure the cups don't peek out over the neckline of the dress. I'm a big girl, and needed the extra control of the bra to help my dress contain some curves - but I'd bet many petite girls really wouldn't need the bra at all, especially if you go the gel cup route. 

Originally Posted by jello 

Hi ladies,

What's the best bra to wear under a strapless wedding dress, particularly if you are petite and want a little boost?  I'm looking for something that will bring my 32B to a C-cup or so, and (most importantly!!) will stay put all night through the dancing and hugging and jumping up and down.  I'm considering the Victoria's Secret Biofit as well as The Little Bra Company's Sascha — anyone have experience with either, or other recommendations?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
    • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have the total opposite problem of you (I wear a 34DD), but I also am adding cups to my dress. Its going to be a heck of a lot more comfortable than a bra, AND you don't need to worry about it moving around! I think my seamstress is charging an extra $20? I know they can add gel push up cups as well. Just ask. :)

#4 taylorK

taylorK
      • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

I had this exact problem! I spent hours on the computer researching the right bra etc and found a great blog post that I wanted to share with you.

It has something for everything, so if you are small busted or large, they have some really great advice :) I went for the Calvin Klein bra in the end, and have tested it out quite a lot and it is perfect :) 

Hope this helps you gals as it helped me :) 

Tay x

http://blog.brayola....-the-right-bra/

#5 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
        • 166 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Good idea to get the gels sewn into the dress - I less thing to worry about! Thanks ladies :)

#6 mimiq

mimiq
          • 184 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I got cups called bump a cup (or something like that).  they give a nice boost and they have a bunch of different types!

#7 morleyaric

morleyaric
            • Banned
            • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hi ladies, What's the best bra to wear under a strapless wedding dress, particularly if you are petite and want a little boost? I'm looking for something that will bring my 32B to a C-cup or so, and (most importantly!!) will stay put all night through the dancing and hugging and jumping up and down. I'm considering the Victoria's Secret Biofit as well as The Little Bra Company's Sascha — anyone have experience with either, or other recommendations? -------------------------------------------------- wedding cards

#8 Speckles121

Speckles121
              • 720 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

I go for my first fitting in a few weeks..I'm thinking cups might be the best way to go so I don't have to worry about constantly adjusting myself with a strapless bra. Did everyone just buy there cups from where they were getting their alterations done or did you buy them prior?

#9 Aynat

Aynat
                • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thank you! Great thread.

#10 Kay6356

Kay6356
                  • 543 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
                  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

I had a "stick on" bra for a certain shirt I own which is great stays here you want it and you can place you boobs where you want them to stay before sticking them on. I got mine from la senza in Canada but I'm sure Victoria Secret carries them as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users