182 replies to this topic

#121 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
  • 441 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

My colors are coral and turquoise too.  I've been looking at bm dress ideas but there are so many different shades of coral I don't know where to start. I think i'll go with the more muted color not the bright almost pink coral.  Also i'm doing my MOH in a turquoise dress because she loves turquoise and she is my sister and she wanted to stand out (she got her way) lol.  Good luck choosing your dresses/decor i'm in the early stages and know its going ot be hard to choose the right one.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#122 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
  • Site Supporter
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm doing coral and turquoise as well :) Went with the David's bridal swatches of "pool" and "coral reef." Love the combo!

#123 Xarocas

Xarocas
    • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I love coral, good choice! I'm going with tiffany blue and yellow! I showed the coral to my fiance but to his eyes coral= pink, so no go... Men!!!

#124 KayaWasTaken

KayaWasTaken
      • 40 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

My colors are Coral and Turquoise, and, boy, did I not know what I was getting myself into... Both these colors apparently mean something different to each different company, and I'm a bit nuts about matching! Well, now I have swatches from pretty much every dress maker out there, but I LOVE the coral we went with... Wtoo Crystal Chiffon in Coral... Actually doing all different styles, but the color and fabric really pulls them together! And the girls are happy, since their styles are *quite* different, lol. [ATTACHMENT=14410]image.jpg (145k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

#125 KayaWasTaken

KayaWasTaken
        • 40 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Well, I don't know why I can't post a photo, but the link is here :-) http://watters.com/P...tooDresses/492/ BTW, ordered them all together for approx $150 each from ToastBridalOnline, and split the $20 shipping ;-)

#126 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KayaWasTaken 

My colors are Coral and Turquoise, and, boy, did I not know what I was getting myself into... Both these colors apparently mean something different to each different company, and I'm a bit nuts about matching! Well, now I have swatches from pretty much every dress maker out there, but I LOVE the coral we went with...

Wtoo Crystal Chiffon in Coral... Actually doing all different styles, but the color and fabric really pulls them together! And the girls are happy, since their styles are *quite* different, lol.

I know what you mean I have Coral and Turquoise as my wedding colors too and there are so many different shades of coral it can make you crazy.  My birdesmaids haven't picked their dresses yet but I'm sure I'm going to go nuts trying to find the right one.  I see you are from Jersey, so am I.  Did you find your bridesmaids dresses at a store by you?? I don't know where to even start.

Attached Files

#127 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
          • Site Supporter
          • 229 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJBride2014 

I know what you mean I have Coral and Turquoise as my wedding colors too and there are so many different shades of coral it can make you crazy.  My birdesmaids haven't picked their dresses yet but I'm sure I'm going to go nuts trying to find the right one.  I see you are from Jersey, so am I.  Did you find your bridesmaids dresses at a store by you?? I don't know where to even start.

I'm doing coral and turquoise as well! David's Bridal has a really nice true coral - it's called Coral Reef - I bought chiffon bridesmaids dresses and it so far matches everything. Turquoise I think is harder than Coral to find because people think aqua and turquoise and tiffany blue are the same. I went with the color "pool" for my MOH dress and love how it turned out :)

#128 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
            • 441 posts
            • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJBride2014 

I'm doing coral and turquoise as well! David's Bridal has a really nice true coral - it's called Coral Reef - I bought chiffon bridesmaids dresses and it so far matches everything. Turquoise I think is harder than Coral to find because people think aqua and turquoise and tiffany blue are the same. I went with the color "pool" for my MOH dress and love how it turned out :)

Yes, you ar right turquoise is a tough color too.  MY MOH of is also wearing a turquoise dress and my bridesmaids are doing coral I love the color combo.  I hope I have good luck picking the right colors and that the girls all love their dresses.

#129 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
            • 157 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Oceanside
            • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

great combo

#130 CrystalRomero

CrystalRomero
            • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I am doing coral, yellow, orange and a hint of turquoise. Basically tropical colors. the girls are wearing guava form davids bridal its more of a real coral unlike the actual coral color at davids bridal which is more pink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users