Jump to content
2bmrstremblay

November 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

As wedding planner in the Riviera Maya,

 

Would like to say Congrats to you all ladies and all the best for choosing a destination wedding, remember its going to be a beautiful day and everything is going to just the way you have envisioned!

 

 

Happy Planning! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica on November 15th, 2013. I have 18 people booked so far, including us, but I haven't sent my invitations out yet.

 

Invitations will go out in February, and I'm asking for RSVP's by June. I think that's fair. We're expecting 30-40 people to actually come to the wedding. Which is perfect! Enough for a party, but we'll still be able to have a good time, and see everybody. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MelB2012 View Post

 

I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica on November 15th, 2013. I have 18 people booked so far, including us, but I haven't sent my invitations out yet.

 

Invitations will go out in February, and I'm asking for RSVP's by June. I think that's fair. We're expecting 30-40 people to actually come to the wedding. Which is perfect! Enough for a party, but we'll still be able to have a good time, and see everybody. :)

I agree that is a great number... I was actually surprised we expected 20 and now we almost have 40 and the biggest surprise was that the people that we thought for sure were coming arent and the people we didnt have high hopes for are! I asked for RSVP's but didnt really get any, I think they all thought that since my TA was going to let me know, that was an RSVP LOL oh well at least I have something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

 

I agree that is a great number... I was actually surprised we expected 20 and now we almost have 40 and the biggest surprise was that the people that we thought for sure were coming arent and the people we didnt have high hopes for are! I asked for RSVP's but didnt really get any, I think they all thought that since my TA was going to let me know, that was an RSVP LOL oh well at least I have something!

Yea, I don't know how many RSVP's I'll actually get back either. Like my parents for instance... my Mom will keep hers, for keepsake. Lol.

 

But my fiance has a lot of family in the states, and we are inviting some friends from either end of the country, so we don't really expect them to fly with our group (out of Toronto.) So they may just book their trips seperately, and I still need to know if they are coming.....

 

I'm actually really excited. I had my passport invitations made by a local company, with a postcard reply card. It's going into printing today. So I should be able to send them within the first couple weeks in February. Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome, I know that once I got mine in the mail I was able to breath a little better and I felt a little more relaxed!!!

 

I have some family in Winnipeg, and unfortuatly there is no flight out of there for our wedding (maybe once the flights go public in June) So my dad is driving to Calgary to fly with us and the rest of them (about 8) will try to do something last minute, so I won't know until last minute if they are coming or not, so I don't think that I am going to count them... I mean I dont want to have to do things for 8 extra people just to find out that they arent going to be there, but I am a little back and forth on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

 

That is awesome, I know that once I got mine in the mail I was able to breath a little better and I felt a little more relaxed!!!

 

I have some family in Winnipeg, and unfortuatly there is no flight out of there for our wedding (maybe once the flights go public in June) So my dad is driving to Calgary to fly with us and the rest of them (about 8) will try to do something last minute, so I won't know until last minute if they are coming or not, so I don't think that I am going to count them... I mean I dont want to have to do things for 8 extra people just to find out that they arent going to be there, but I am a little back and forth on this.

If that can't give you the courtesy of giving you advancenotice.... I wouldn't go out of your way to do any extras for them. Not that I'm being rude... but how can they really expect that? It's not very reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MelB2012 View Post

 

If that can't give you the courtesy of giving you advancenotice.... I wouldn't go out of your way to do any extras for them. Not that I'm being rude... but how can they really expect that? It's not very reasonable.

Oh I know, this has been a pain in my butt since the beggining, they wanted me to change my wedding date at the start of all of this becasue they can't get flights out... no way is that happening, my dad is driving to Calgary to fly out with us and that is all I really care about I think that at the end of the day who ever is there that booked with us is my number one and everyone else is second!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MelB2012 View Post

 

I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica on November 15th, 2013. I have 18 people booked so far, including us, but I haven't sent my invitations out yet.

 

Invitations will go out in February, and I'm asking for RSVP's by June. I think that's fair. We're expecting 30-40 people to actually come to the wedding. Which is perfect! Enough for a party, but we'll still be able to have a good time, and see everybody. :)

 

We're getting married Nov 21st at the Excellence Riviera Cancun. It feels so good to have the resort picked out and the date booked.

 

It's good to know other people are sending their invites out so early. I had mentioned to my parents that I wanted to send mine in Feb and they mentioned a lot of people may lose them before the RSVP deadline of Sept. I sent Save-the-Date emails to everyone a month ago and it looks like we'll have 18-20 people coming. I've finished making the invites and now they're just sitting there, starring at me and waiting to be mailed. I'm still trying to decide whether to send them or wait several months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent mine out exactly one year before my wedding... I could justify sending out Save The Dates just to do invitations later, and I already had all the information now with saying that only a hand full of people RSVP on our website, but we had 43 people book and my TA  sent me an email everytime someone paid their deposit, at first I was a little upset, but I still know who is coming and then I am assuming that if they didnt pay a deposit that they arent coming... and let me tell you want to learn the true people in your life have a destination wedding!!!

 

Congrats hexmshaw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×