Photo

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#61 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks! Actually my Fiance did the word because he's an electrician so he's used to bending wire!  He did a great job! Here's a pic of my attempt beside his attempt..lol! Posted Image

OMG this is so funny! Good for you for having such a sweet man!

#62 MsKenyaF

MsKenyaF
    • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

OMG!! Thank you for the tutorial! Yours came out AMAZING!! I definitely thinking about buying one but now I'm going to make them myself! Thank you so much for sharing!

#63 Speckles121

Speckles121
      • 720 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

Thanks!

Actually my Fiance did the word because he's an electrician so he's used to bending wire!  He did a great job!

Here's a pic of my attempt beside his attempt..lol!

ohh i never thought to ask my fiance..he's an electrictian toooo..i might need to tonight :)

#64 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
        • 670 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

here is my bride one... Im thinking the faux pearls are too much..lol.Much cuter if they were smaller pearls

#65 philanab

philanab
          • 178 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks! Actually my Fiance did the word because he's an electrician so he's used to bending wire!  He did a great job! Here's a pic of my attempt beside his attempt..lol! Posted Image

Good job! I also enlisted the help of my fiance as I was having trouble pulling the dowels off my hangers myself.

#66 philanab

philanab
            • 178 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image here is my bride one... Im thinking the faux pearls are too much..lol.Much cuter if they were smaller pearls

I like the pearls...I think it would be pretty to have a little cluster of pearls on either side of your word.

#67 MsKenyaF

MsKenyaF
              • 159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I love the pearls! They're a nice touch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

here is my bride one... Im thinking the faux pearls are too much..lol.Much cuter if they were smaller pearls

#68 soonCB

soonCB
                • 264 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hi All,

I found this great font that will work GREAT as a template for these and will help you out with how to make certain letters. I plan on printing it off and using it as a template, hopefully my hangers will turn out better :). here is the link http://www.dafont.com/mtf-cupcake.font.

I used the font for something else, but this is what it looks like.

Bride

Mother of the Bride

Mother of the Groom

Maid of honor

Soon to be Mrs.

#69 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                  • 955 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I gave this a try and suprisingly I'm pretty happy with the results, I thought this would be a DIY disaster. This was suppose to be my test run, but I think its good enough to use. However, I did use 16ga wire since they were out of 12ga and I'm not sure if it's sturdy enough, I have concerns with it getting easily bent and altered.

#70 Speckles121

Speckles121
                    • 720 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

I gave this a try and suprisingly I'm pretty happy with the results, I thought this would be a DIY disaster. This was suppose to be my test run, but I think its good enough to use. However, I did use 16ga wire since they were out of 12ga and I'm not sure if it's sturdy enough, I have concerns with it getting easily bent and altered.

Wow that looks AMAZING for a "test run"!!! I'm so jealous..I wish I used 16 guage wire but they didn't have any in the pink..the 12 is a little hard to work with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users