Photo

DIY Wedding Dress Hanger Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#161 philanab

philanab
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

you are so artistic, i dont think i can do it. what do you use to bend?

Your fingers!! The 12 guage wire is pretty easy to bend, but you can use objects like a lip gloss to wrap the wire around and make circular shapes. I would suggest just buying some wire at the craft store ($3) and practicing a bit before investing in all of the other supplies. You can do it!

#162 JHo2013

JHo2013
    • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Brides in Canada - where did you find your wire? I found some at Michaels, but they were ridiculously expensive. It would cost me any where from $20+ to make 1 hanger. Any suggestions?

#163 philanab

philanab
      • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Brides in Canada - where did you find your wire? I found some at Michaels, but they were ridiculously expensive. It would cost me any where from $20+ to make 1 hanger. Any suggestions?

Don't go to Michaels without a coupon...you can always find at least 40% a regular price item, either in their flyer or online on a smart phone. I never pay full price at Michaels :)

#164 JHo2013

JHo2013
        • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by philanab 

Don't go to Michaels without a coupon...you can always find at least 40% a regular price item, either in their flyer or online on a smart phone. I never pay full price at Michaels :)

LoL. I definitely know better than to pay for full price items at Michael's. The mark up is crazy. I had a 50% off coupon but sitll found the wire to be a bit pricey. Maybe I'll go back again and look again. But yes, thanks for that tip! :)

#165 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
          • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

would walmart or a hardware store have the wire? Anyone try there?

#166 KK2013

KK2013
            • 244 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

Oof.  Here in the US the wire at Michael's costs under $4., and I made at least 2 hangers from one package.  I bought the hangers at Ikea.  $5 for 8 of them. http://www.ikea.com/...374/#/30217376  I also found a vendor on etsy who sold me tulle flowers to adorn them, and I bought rhinestone buttons at Michaels for $5 for 4.  Each hanger cost approx. $4.50.

#167 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
            • 195 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

that sounds pretty reasonable if you are in the US, but Michaels here is more expensive. Maybe with the 40% off coupon it might be ok. Sounds like I may have to make another trip to the states!

#168 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
              • Site Supporter
              • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

I made these! So easy and fun! Such a unique gift - my bridesmaids are going to love them!!

#169 JHo2013

JHo2013
                • 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KK2013 

Oof.  Here in the US the wire at Michael's costs under $4., and I made at least 2 hangers from one package.  I bought the hangers at Ikea.  $5 for 8 of them. http://www.ikea.com/...374/#/30217376  I also found a vendor on etsy who sold me tulle flowers to adorn them, and I bought rhinestone buttons at Michaels for $5 for 4.  Each hanger cost approx. $4.50.

Yes, Michael's is much cheaper in the states! I think the wire I was looking at was closer to $9 or $11 per pack. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't justify it at the time haha... I may try the floral department at Walmart or Rona or something. They must have something :)

#170 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
                  • 195 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

I agree.......Someone must have the wire besides Michares!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users