To Veil or not to Veil?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#21 McLecker

McLecker
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

At least once a month he'll catch me off guard when it comes to a random wedding detail, I'm always amazed at the things he actually cares about and pays attention to.
    Anyway, thanks for the input ladies. I made an appt and I'm taking my dress on a field trip to try on veils.

Good call. Can't go wrong that way. good luck!!

#22 juliboley

juliboley
    • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

The topic came up casually this weekend and as it turns out, my Fi actually has an opinion about this and prefers that I wear a veil… who knew?!?!?  I had no intention of wearing a veil, I never even tried one on with my dress, but if he wants to see his bride with a veil than that’ s what he’ll get (at least for the ceremony and pics).  But now I have a lot of questions:

Are there any rules/guideline when selecting a veil dependent on your dresses silhouette, your height or torso length?

So I bought a sample, do I have to lug take my dress into a bridal store and try it on with veils in order to pick the best match? Or can I just pic one that I like online (huge online shopper).

My logic is if I get a veil with a bit of embellishment around the perimeter edge than maybe it will be weighed down enough and won’t be obnoxious during the ceremony. But will this weigh it down too much for the whimsical windblown pics after?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

I just purchased this this morning:

http://www.lightinth...rs_p323158.html

It was only $25 after shipping, so I figure if it doesn't look good, I won't feel awful about the money spent.  Light in the box is doing half price shipping but today is the last day for it....

#23 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
      • 458 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

While I am glad I had my veil for some formal pics and pics off the beach, this is what the veil looked like at the ceremony until my MOH took it out. Not exactly a whimsical wind blown picture, more like spastic! LOL After my veil slapped my dad in the face when he gave me away and kept hitting my groom, the MOH made the executive decision to take it out. Luckily, she got it out with one quick tug.

#24 McLecker

McLecker
        • 194 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by juliboley 

I just purchased this this morning:

http://www.lightinth...rs_p323158.html

It was only $25 after shipping, so I figure if it doesn't look good, I won't feel awful about the money spent.  Light in the box is doing half price shipping but today is the last day for it....

Let us know how it looks. I'll be keen to hear if that's a good option to go with!! Good luck!

#25 chantal09

chantal09
          • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

I have also been contemplating this! Upon purchasing my dress I impulsively bought a long veil with beading scattered throughout. I am now second guessing myself. Is this look too formal for a desto wedding? We are getting married on a balcony that overlooks the water, so not directly on the beach. It was very expensive so I don't want to completely waste it, but I guess I could just use it for the at home ceremony. Has anyone else worn a long veil??

#26 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
            • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

i would go and try some on and see if you like them i love them  but my sister in law looks really bad in them

#27 McLecker

McLecker
              • 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Definitely go and try on others to see if you like the shorter or just below the bum ones. stupid question bc I don't know if it is possible - but can you alter or shorten veils? I've seen people wear long ones in pics. I think it's whatever you like best. Check on pinterest bc that's where I saw long ones on the beach I think!

#28 chantal09

chantal09
                • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by McLecker 

Definitely go and try on others to see if you like the shorter or just below the bum ones. stupid question bc I don't know if it is possible - but can you alter or shorten veils? I've seen people wear long ones in pics. I think it's whatever you like best. Check on pinterest bc that's where I saw long ones on the beach I think!

Great call on pintrest. I feel better about the long veil on beach after seeing it in a few shots. I suppose I'll see next week when I go for my fitting if I stil like it.

#29 agm04

agm04
                  • 548 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

I'm going with flower in the hair rather than veil, as I'm worried about the breeze making it go nuts.  Your dress is gorgeous and I don't think you can go wrong either way!

#30 Ryves

Ryves
                    • 157 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'll do a combo of flowers and veil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users