Photo

Funny Jamaican Saying for Postcards - Ideas???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

The only one that I can think of is "Jamaican Me Crazy" and I don't want to use that one. Does anyone else have some other ideas. I want to have these printed on the postcards. Thanks!!!

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

I have been to Jamaica twice and the only things I can think of off hand are:

Peace, Love and Respect (We heard this all the time or some combo of the words)

Wha gwaan (I think this is the proper spelling but it just means how are you or what's going on)

I will keep thinking and see if I come up with anything better. I have a close friend who is Jamaican so I will ask her too.

#3 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
      • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

The only one I know about is, "Erryting is Irie Mon!"

#4 Cherie

Cherie
        • 83 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by md_ocr
          The only one that I can think of is "Jamaican Me Crazy" and I don't want to use that one. Does anyone else have some other ideas. I want to have these printed on the postcards. Thanks!!!
          How about "it's all Irie, mon"...that's all I heard when I was there. It just means to chill out, everything is all good. Or how about lyrics to a Bob Marley song? He's HUGE down there. Just a few suggestions!!

#5 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cherie
            How about "it's all Irie, mon"...that's all I heard when I was there. It just means to chill out, everything is all good. Or how about lyrics to a Bob Marley song? He's HUGE down there. Just a few suggestions!!
            Yeah! That's what I meant!

#6 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

wow!!! u guys are great........the funny thing is..........I"M JAMAICAN!!!!!! well actually, my parents are both jamaican but I was born here in the states. I was just trying to think of a commercialized phrase that most people will recognize. I think I like what Iriebride suggested, "Erryting is Irie Mon!"

Keep em' coming!!! I'm getting magnets printed instead of the postcards. Vistaprint is offering 25 magnets for free.

#7 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

Here's one Ive always liked:

One Love
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users