Jump to content

Photo

undereye circles


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 jenvh

jenvh
  • Newbie
  • 135 posts

    Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

    anyone have any good remedies for dark undereye circles? even a good concealer would be great.

    #2 Adamsgrrl

    Adamsgrrl
    • Jr. Member
    • 466 posts

      Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

      Undereye circles have pleged me for years, since I remember. According to my cosmetic surgeon (yes I have even consulted one for this), its a cause of thin skin under the eyes which allow the blood vessels to show through. He recommended using AHAVA, Mineral Eye Cream to draw out some of the mosture from the skin in order to shrink and minimize the blood vessels. Just started it, so I don't know if it works, it typically takes 6-8 weeks to see any difference. I also use Keromask Masking Cream as a concealer. Oldly enough, whenever I'm on vacation on the beach, my undereye circles disappear... I think its being in the sun and drying out my skinn that works (I don't tan).

      Good Luck, I know its a huge pain in the A#$.

      Monika

      #3 JENESIS

      JENESIS
      • Jr. Member
      • 394 posts

        Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

        Do you have allergies or do you smoke?

        #4 CourtneyV

        CourtneyV
        • Sr. Member
        • 4,979 posts

          Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Adamsgrrl
          Undereye circles have pleged me for years, since I remember. According to my cosmetic surgeon (yes I have even consulted one for this), its a cause of thin skin under the eyes which allow the blood vessels to show through. He recommended using AHAVA, Mineral Eye Cream to draw out some of the mosture from the skin in order to shrink and minimize the blood vessels. Just started it, so I don't know if it works, it typically takes 6-8 weeks to see any difference. I also use Keromask Masking Cream as a concealer. Oldly enough, whenever I'm on vacation on the beach, my undereye circles disappear... I think its being in the sun and drying out my skinn that works (I don't tan).

          Good Luck, I know its a huge pain in the A#$.

          Monika
          That's really interesting Monika, I'll have to give this a try. I get dark circles all the time - it use to get so bad that occassionally people would ask me "what happened" as if I had a black eye! That didn't happen often, but it's definately worse some days and fine others.

          I noticed that the sun makes a difference too... and I'm like you, when I go on vacation, I come back just as white as when I left.

          Keep us posted in the next 6-8 weeks and let us know how that worked for you! :)
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

          #5 Adamsgrrl

          Adamsgrrl
          • Jr. Member
          • 466 posts

            Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JENESIS
            Do you have allergies or do you smoke?
            No I don't smoke. My Dr. said its just a genetics thing. He said its fairly common in very faired skinned people. I know it sounds extremely gross but, you can literally see all the veins running in my arm. I wish there was a procedure or laser that could just zap it away. But no.

            #6 ~Melissa~

            ~Melissa~

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

            Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

            My mom has them and I do too, so I can see the genetics answer is true.

            I heard if you put a cold face mask on it helps shrink them as well as cucumber slices. i ahven't tried them but I'm tempted to the day before the wedding.

            #7 Adamsgrrl

            Adamsgrrl
            • Jr. Member
            • 466 posts

              Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:53 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Raeka
              My mom has them and I do too, so I can see the genetics answer is true.

              I heard if you put a cold face mask on it helps shrink them as well as cucumber slices. i ahven't tried them but I'm tempted to the day before the wedding.
              Ohhhh.. great idea I'll have to try that one! I'm determined at least one day a week to do something nice for myself so maybe this week I'll have to do a mini beauty season and try this. I'll let you know how it goes.

              #8 jenvh

              jenvh
              • Newbie
              • 135 posts

                Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

                I was considering getting facials every couple weeks (at least until my wedding-i want to look good in pictures!) but I don't know if that will help or be a waste of money. The pampering would be nice.

                #9 mkdela

                mkdela
                • Newbie
                • 82 posts

                  Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

                  I have really dark circles all the time, too. If I don't wear make-up, people are constantly asking me if I am feeling ok or telling me I look tired! I just never leave the house without concealer and I find it does the trick. I use a MAC concealer now that I really like. The key is to get dark enough coverage, without something so cakey that it cracks and makes lines under your eyes. Most liquid concealers I've tried from the drug store are too transparent and don't give enough coverage. I find the solid sticks are too cakey. But, the MAC (it's a liquid in a tube) does the trick for me.
                  KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

                  #10 jenvh

                  jenvh
                  • Newbie
                  • 135 posts

                    Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mkdela
                    I have really dark circles all the time, too. If I don't wear make-up, people are constantly asking me if I am feeling ok or telling me I look tired! I just never leave the house without concealer and I find it does the trick. I use a MAC concealer now that I really like. The key is to get dark enough coverage, without something so cakey that it cracks and makes lines under your eyes. Most liquid concealers I've tried from the drug store are too transparent and don't give enough coverage. I find the solid sticks are too cakey. But, the MAC (it's a liquid in a tube) does the trick for me.
                    i have actually tried the MAC concealer and now that I have run out and am using some drug store stuff, I am noticing the difference. The MAC really did cover better. I will have to get some more this weekend.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users