Photo

My Mexico/beach wedding DIYs - post yours for inspiration!

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 jordanb

jordanb
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks all! I started slacking - I need to get my butt back in gear!!!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#42 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

I am doing a wedding in the Riviera Maya in June 2013 and I LOVE all your ideas!! My main color will be coral as well.  I too have been throwing around the sand dollar/star fish idea. Wonderful job and great inspiration!!

#43 KLPhoto

KLPhoto
      • Vendor
      • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

there were so many DIY projects in last week's wedding, I was amazed!

#44 RachelTX

RachelTX
        • 116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jordanb 

Next up, gift bags... My colors are a bright coral-ly pink, and ivory/silver. In order to give everything a consistent and stylized look, I went to town with one of those Martha Stewart punches featuring a starfish/sand dollar. Here are the cutouts on my gift bags/welcome letters. (You'll also notice the tiny bottle in front - in addition to items like aloe, sunscreen and a pocket Spanish dictionary, we put tiny messages in these bottles that explain that they are to bring back a little bit of paradise (sand) when they leave!) The tags on the gift bags say "Gracias y bienvenidos."

bags.jpg

Where did you get those tiny bottles?  They are so cute!  and such a great idea!

#45 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Package-Small-Mini-Glass-Stoppers/dp/B004ZXW4MK

Then I just printed little fortune cookie fortune sized notes, rolled them and tied them with raffia, and put them in with a tiny sea shell (I found some on the beck when I was in Playa Del Carmen last but you can buy tiny shells too if you want to add them).

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#46 ElleGee

ElleGee
            • 255 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
            • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kel123073 

Just an idea....I actually got a united chase credit card....30,000 bonus miles just for getting the card, plus we had some miles....and we are using it every month to pay our bills and racking up more miles....lol so if you use to upgrade to first class one way then you can check all bags for no fee!  And I don't think there is a limit.... Also check united frequently once you book.  Sometimes they offer upgrades for a fee.....last time we went to DR we were able to upgrade for $125 each and our tickets were a great deal to begin with soooo it was totally worth it!  

We had the exact same idea. . racking up TONS of miles which is nice. However, it is still an additional $375 per person to upgrade our fligths to first class. AND, from what I read from their website, it is only a total of 3 free carryons (up to 70lbs) per person. . . For a two hour flight for us, seemed much more economical to give $40 cash to members of our bridal party to take an extra bag each . . . PLUS you must consider the $300 max value per person Mexican customs allows.

BUT, we will use our United Club Passes the day we leave.. Arrive at the airport early and relax with bloody marys!

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#47 RachelTX

RachelTX
            • 116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Package-Small-Mini-Glass-Stoppers/dp/B004ZXW4MK

Then I just printed little fortune cookie fortune sized notes, rolled them and tied them with raffia, and put them in with a tiny sea shell (I found some on the beck when I was in Playa Del Carmen last but you can buy tiny shells too if you want to add them).

Thank you!!

#48 jordanb

jordanb
              • 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

So... since I technically didn't create this, I can't take credit for it as a DIY (except I did print and fold it, so maybe it counts??), but it is too good not to share! Perfect for OOT bags if you're having you wedding in Mexico, and FREE!

They're these great little pocket spanish language booklets. I found a free PDF download online (can't find the link now, but PM me if you can't download it in the attached and I would be happy to email it to you). I then printed it in color, two sided, folded along the lines, trimmed off one long edge with a paper cutter, and voila!

Attached Files

#49 safety75

safety75
                • 287 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Jordan this is great!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

#50 sswed13

sswed13
                  • 178 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Instead of bells or classes clinking, I decided I am going to outfit each table with maracas. They all have a tag on them with a poem about shaking them to see the bride and groom kiss:

maracas.jpg

That's all I have so far, but I have lots more to come. (Now I just have to figure out how the heck to get it all to Mexico!)

I love the maracas. My friend had a DW last year and her mom brought back the maracas for her AHR. Her BM wrote her name and her hubby's name on each. So neat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users