Jump to content
kristencanada

Secrets St James/Wild Orchid Weddings 2012/2013

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post
 

 

sounds lovely. we have about 100 guests but i get the final count next week. i'm guessing about 11 or 12 tables so everyone aren't on top of eachother :-) my colors are tiffany blue/aqua (pretty much the same color) and silver, with fuschia/hot pink flowers so we pretty much have the same thing. i'm doing white table clothes but im getting the napkins and chair sashes made in tiffany blue. i still don't know what to do for the centerpieces yet. i'll figure that out soon. i'm also bringing the material to drape the chuppa or gazebo. i'll know more details after i make a trip down there. i also have table numbers that are blinged out. still need to order mr and mrs signs, i've found so many cute ones online! it's def harder planning for a larger destination party, so much more of everything is needed!

 

Oh my god that is a HUGE number for a destination wedding!  That's awesome!!  I can't even imagine the amount of stuff you'll have to pack. Good thing you are going down there prior to drop off some stuff!  Are you doing welcome bags?

You know I thought about doing teal napkins, but I couldn't find the "right" shade of teal on any website I went to.  So that's when I decided to just do that all white.  I'll have color with the centerpieces, etc.  The table numbers I got I can stick into the pommander and it's a little chalkboard where I can write the number in.  All the other table numbers I saw had so many in them - usually at least 12 and I only have 3 tables. So this was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebecky View Post
 

 

Oh my god that is a HUGE number for a destination wedding!  That's awesome!!  I can't even imagine the amount of stuff you'll have to pack. Good thing you are going down there prior to drop off some stuff!  Are you doing welcome bags?

You know I thought about doing teal napkins, but I couldn't find the "right" shade of teal on any website I went to.  So that's when I decided to just do that all white.  I'll have color with the centerpieces, etc.  The table numbers I got I can stick into the pommander and it's a little chalkboard where I can write the number in.  All the other table numbers I saw had so many in them - usually at least 12 and I only have 3 tables. So this was perfect.

 

lol yea tell me about it, huge is def that right word! lol yes i'm doing welcome bags. im getting the drawstring bags custom printed with first aid kits and couple other things. as for napkins, i couldn't find the color either so i bought the material at high fashion home and am getting my seamstress to cut them out. shes also making chair sashes (i haven't decided if i want every chair or every other chair yet, that's alot of chairs lol). below is a pick of my table numbers, i'm going to spray paint and bling out. def spending alot of money on stuff due to the amount of people. crazy thing is we only invited our CLOSE friends and family and it's still that amount. i also have 10 bridesmaids (ive known majority of them for 10-20 years, i'm only 31 so that says alot about all of us lol) it's really amazing to me still to this day lol

 

i need to do a planning thread after everything is over, i can't believe all the ideas i've gotten from this site! def so glad that i found out about this.

 

Inspiration of how the table numbers will look with bling:

 

700

 

 

 

Actual Pic of the table numbers i ordered with the stands:

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post
 

 

lol yea tell me about it, huge is def that right word! lol yes i'm doing welcome bags. im getting the drawstring bags custom printed with first aid kits and couple other things. as for napkins, i couldn't find the color either so i bought the material at high fashion home and am getting my seamstress to cut them out. shes also making chair sashes (i haven't decided if i want every chair or every other chair yet, that's alot of chairs lol). below is a pick of my table numbers, i'm going to spray paint and bling out. def spending alot of money on stuff due to the amount of people. crazy thing is we only invited our CLOSE friends and family and it's still that amount. i also have 10 bridesmaids (ive known majority of them for 10-20 years, i'm only 31 so that says alot about all of us lol) it's really amazing to me still to this day lol

 

i need to do a planning thread after everything is over, i can't believe all the ideas i've gotten from this site! def so glad that i found out about this.

 

Inspiration of how the table numbers will look with bling:

 

700

 

 

 

Actual Pic of the table numbers i ordered with the stands:

 

700

 

When we tell people we have 30 going they are amazed.  We only invited are close friends and family too - but are families are fairly small.  I have 2 in my wedding party - my matron of honor and a bridesmaid.  I can't even imagine 10 bridesmaids.  I think that's awesome that so many of your friends and family are going!!!  It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it to have them there.

I like the blinged out table numbers - very pretty!

I agree - this site has helped me, pretty much, every step of the way.  All the ladies have been so helpful!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post
 

 

lol yea tell me about it, huge is def that right word! lol yes i'm doing welcome bags. im getting the drawstring bags custom printed with first aid kits and couple other things. as for napkins, i couldn't find the color either so i bought the material at high fashion home and am getting my seamstress to cut them out. shes also making chair sashes (i haven't decided if i want every chair or every other chair yet, that's alot of chairs lol). below is a pick of my table numbers, i'm going to spray paint and bling out. def spending alot of money on stuff due to the amount of people. crazy thing is we only invited our CLOSE friends and family and it's still that amount. i also have 10 bridesmaids (ive known majority of them for 10-20 years, i'm only 31 so that says alot about all of us lol) it's really amazing to me still to this day lol

 

i need to do a planning thread after everything is over, i can't believe all the ideas i've gotten from this site! def so glad that i found out about this.

 

Inspiration of how the table numbers will look with bling:

 

700

 

 

 

Actual Pic of the table numbers i ordered with the stands:

 

700

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebecky View Post
 

 

When we tell people we have 30 going they are amazed.  We only invited are close friends and family too - but are families are fairly small.  I have 2 in my wedding party - my matron of honor and a bridesmaid.  I can't even imagine 10 bridesmaids.  I think that's awesome that so many of your friends and family are going!!!  It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it to have them there.

I like the blinged out table numbers - very pretty!

I agree - this site has helped me, pretty much, every step of the way.  All the ladies have been so helpful!!!!

I can't wait to see both of your planning threads ladies!! Feel like we've been talking so long so it'll be fun to see how everything came together for you. Good luck with the rest of your planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me what kind of prices they ended up looking at for their guests to stay at Secrets Wild Orchid? I'm trying to decide if the resort I'm thinking about picking is too pricey for my guests. How much do their weddings end up costing? I'm still up in the air with all the decisions to make! Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't wait to see both of your planning threads ladies!! Feel like we've been talking so long so it'll be fun to see how everything came together for you. Good luck with the rest of your planning!!
Lol yes seems like forever! I still have 2 months to go! Can't believe how fast time is flying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! It really depends on when u go and how many nights. We are going april 29th through may 4th. So tuesday through Sunday and it costs about $1300 per person without flight. But that is for 5 nights. Most of our guests are staying 3 or 4 nights so its cheaper. But like I said it really depends on when you go too. I chose the the more expensive package for our wedding and we are also adding some things like an arch on the beach and a few other things like sound system and tiki torches. I am upgrading my bouquet also. But I eould recommend doing things yourself like I am. I am making my own centerpieces and bridesmaid bouquets and some other things. It saves alot of money. The other thing that is nice is that deoending on how many room you book you get a discount. So my fiance and I are getting tye swimout suite on the preferred side and because we have 18 rooms booked we are paying less than $700 for a $4000 trip. We are basically only paying for one flight and the room and second flight is free. You can also use this dicount to save everyone money and share the discount. I hope this helps. It is a beautiful resort and worth the money! Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try and help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post
 

Can anyone tell me what kind of prices they ended up looking at for their guests to stay at Secrets Wild Orchid? I'm trying to decide if the resort I'm thinking about picking is too pricey for my guests. How much do their weddings end up costing? I'm still up in the air with all the decisions to make! Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

 

I agree with @krisf1986 , it depends on how many nights and which room you get. the best thing to do is check with a travel agent, i used wright travel (the preferred travel agent on this site) and Babs is awesome to work with! she got us a great deal on hotel from thurs to friday in Dec, under $600 per person (flight seperate). At the end of the day, secrets will be a little more pricier than other hotels but it is a 5 star all inclusive adults only resort so you get what you pay for! it's a gorgeous hotel. There is Sunset Beach next door which is definetly cheaper but it's not as nice as Secrets. it's also older. at the end of day i'd suggest you choose about 3 resorts that you and your fiance love, and narrow it down from there as far as the packages they offer for weddings. you can also get the travel agent to help you on pricing for hotel accomadation. Me personally, i wouldn't pick something cheaper for the simple fact that at the end of the day, not everyone will be able to attend anyways, so make sure you and your fi love the place that you'll forever remember as your wedding destination! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisf1986 View Post

Hi! It really depends on when u go and how many nights. We are going april 29th through may 4th. So tuesday through Sunday and it costs about $1300 per person without flight. But that is for 5 nights. Most of our guests are staying 3 or 4 nights so its cheaper. But like I said it really depends on when you go too.

I chose the the more expensive package for our wedding and we are also adding some things like an arch on the beach and a few other things like sound system and tiki torches. I am upgrading my bouquet also. But I eould recommend doing things yourself like I am. I am making my own centerpieces and bridesmaid bouquets and some other things. It saves alot of money.

The other thing that is nice is that deoending on how many room you book you get a discount. So my fiance and I are getting tye swimout suite on the preferred side and because we have 18 rooms booked we are paying less than $700 for a $4000 trip. We are basically only paying for one flight and the room and second flight is free. You can also use this dicount to save everyone money and share the discount. I hope this helps. It is a beautiful resort and worth the money! Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try and help!

Have you been there previously, or just read the reviews and done your research? I won't have time, and don't want to spend the extra money, to do a site visit first. I have been researching the Iberostar chain. Did you look into them at all? You are DEF saving TONS of money! That is GREAT! Your prices are very good for your guests too! How many people do you have booked to go down for the wedding? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post
 

 

I agree with @krisf1986 , it depends on how many nights and which room you get. the best thing to do is check with a travel agent, i used wright travel (the preferred travel agent on this site) and Babs is awesome to work with! she got us a great deal on hotel from thurs to friday in Dec, under $600 per person (flight seperate). At the end of the day, secrets will be a little more pricier than other hotels but it is a 5 star all inclusive adults only resort so you get what you pay for! it's a gorgeous hotel. There is Sunset Beach next door which is definetly cheaper but it's not as nice as Secrets. it's also older. at the end of day i'd suggest you choose about 3 resorts that you and your fiance love, and narrow it down from there as far as the packages they offer for weddings. you can also get the travel agent to help you on pricing for hotel accomadation. Me personally, i wouldn't pick something cheaper for the simple fact that at the end of the day, not everyone will be able to attend anyways, so make sure you and your fi love the place that you'll forever remember as your wedding destination! 

I had originally been leaning towards Iberostar properties, but I'm starting to think maybe I should go ahead and price another resort as well before I make my final decision. More work for the TA, but thats their job I guess! I have been working with Virgilia through Wright Travel, she's been GREAT so far! I also contacted a TA from my hometown, just to see what kind of prices she could get. I feel more confident with Virgilia though because she specializes in booking for destination weddings. Just makes more sense to me! Plus she's been to all of the resorts!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×