278 replies to this topic

#221 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gkashmira
    That's so weird! Today was my weigh in and I lost 1.6 pounds too!

Yay - for both of us! And even though you didn't count over the weekend at least you saw results from during the week and that can be very motivating! Great job!!! And honestly in my opinion 1.6 pounds in a week is terrific (if I do say so myself ) so you don't need to qualify it.

Embrace it! yay!!!!
    Congrats, so happy for you!!!!!

#222 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

Spaghetti squash is an amazing vegetable! If you guys have never tried it go to the store and buy one! I had one for the first time last night. It's basically this big yellow oval squash. It's hard to cut so either soften it first in the microwave or get the producer department at your grocery store to cut it in half when you buy it.

Bake:
      Then bake it for 45 minutes @ 350 degree - cut side down on some cooking spray. Flip after 45 minutes and bake on other side for another 5-10 minutes.

Nuke:
      Cut in half. Lay cut side down in a pyrex or other type of microwaveable dish. Pour in 1/2 cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 7-10 minutes

Point:
      0 points per cup
      0.5 point for 2 cups
      2 points for 3 cups

Eat with:
      - Pasta sauce!
      - Salt, pepper and a tiny bit of olive oil
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#223 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LadyCheese
        Hey ladies, today was my weigh-in and I lost 1.6lbs. Last Thursday was my first meeting however I had a rough wknd and didnt count points til this Monday. So 1.6lb in 4 days is not so shabby I guess.
        Congrats! Thats great! Any weight loss is great in my book!! Way to go!

#224 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gkashmira
          That's so weird! Today was my weigh in and I lost 1.6 pounds too!

Yay - for both of us! And even though you didn't count over the weekend at least you saw results from during the week and that can be very motivating! Great job!!! And honestly in my opinion 1.6 pounds in a week is terrific (if I do say so myself ) so you don't need to qualify it.

Embrace it! yay!!!!
          Thanks Kashmira! Yay...congrats to you too

#225 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lucy106
            Congrats! Thats great! Any weight loss is great in my book!! Way to go!
            Thanks Lucy....all you ladies are so motivating!

#226 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

How to Prepare for a Meal out:

1. (Most important!) Avoid places you know sap your resolve! For me (for example) it means I cannot go to Mexican restaurants right now. I just can't help it - when I arrive I want chips, salsa, margaritas and everything covered in cheese... I mean you wouldn't ask a recovering alcoholic to go to his favorite bar! Try and pick "safe" places where you know you can get healthy food.
              2. Get the menu in advance (online, email, fax, phone, etc.)
              3. See if the restaurant you are going to has a website with nutrition (a lot of chains do).
              4. If not, try and find a restaurant with a similar menu and check out the nutrition.
              5. Decide what you're going to eat ahead of time.
              6. Do not look at the menu when it arrives - otherwise you may be tempted!
              7. Order first. This way you order before you hear all the other things people are going to order.
              8. If you can ask them not to bring the bread/chips/whatever (sometimes this isn't possible due to the other people at the table).
              9. Ask them to bring you a half portion - offer to pay full price if you have to! That way you don't have to food eithe ron your plate OR taken home to eat later (which is what i end up doing...)
              10. Consider ordering off the appetizer menu
              11. Share a dish with your FI/DH/Friend
              12. Ask for balsamic vinegar instead of salad dressing
              13. Save up your points during the day but don't arrive hungry! Eat something (an apple, a bowl of soup, whatever) before you go.

I just figured I'd share this info because I think this is where a lot of people (me specifically) go horribly wrong!
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#227 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Great tips Kash. Also, if ordering a full entree ask for a to go box to be delivered with meal to store half your meal so you won't be tempted to continue eating. Plus it will provide lunch for tomorrow.
                Happily married since 2008

#228 marip123

marip123
                • 211 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

I just finished a 10 day detox, and while my skin is glowing, I did not lose a pound. It's so weird. We went out to eat last night, and the good thing about detox for me, is it puts food and alocohol not in my high priority category, which is where it usually is! So, hopefully now I can stick to my weight watchers diet, and not drink so much during the weekends!

My fitting is in 3 weeks, and my wedding is 3 months today! I really need to get myself losing some pounds.
                  Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#229 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

Congrats on finishing the 10 day detox. That couldn't have been easy. Good luck on WW.

#230 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

How do you do a 10 day detox?
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users