• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#1 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:40 AM

Let's get this rolling again...

Anyone on WW and getting married in '08?

This would be a great place to vent, get tips and motivate us to stay on track. We have a wedding to get skinny for.

Are you in?

#2 CrystalVegas

CrystalVegas
    • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

I'm in!! FMIL and I just joined (free fees promotion right now!)
      I need someone to keep my butt in check, lol. I have a little less time than you my wedding is in August.
      Keep in touch,
      Crystal

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

I will be in but I'm not joining until October 8th...I have to go up to washington state the weeekend of the 6th for a wedding that I am in and it's just too hard to travel and do good. So cruch time starting after that...

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

So happy people want to do this!

I am have great news...I weighed in this morning and lost 4 pounds!

My goal is to lose a total of 50 pounds...and I've lost a total of 8 this month.

42 pounds to go!

#5 jenvh

jenvh
          • 135 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

I'm in!!! I need all the support I can get. lol
            I just started this week and am still figuring out points. And serving sizes. Ack. Who knew they were so small? haha

What are some good zero and 1 point snacks? I am a snacker and it's hard to quit cold turkey.

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

A good zero point snacks are cucumbers cut up, they are so fresh and remarkably filling.

Also, I love the 100 calorie packs...they are two points and really satisfy cravings.

#7 coreyphil

coreyphil
              • 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Congratulations on your success so far --- I'm a big fan of WW. I went after both my children (I gained 60 pounds with my son and I'm only 5'3''!) --- I really believe it is the best program out there ... I'm also an RN so I can also say that it is one of the few that is medically safe!

I always found that paying money to stand on a scale in front of someone kept me honest!

I just wanted to say good luck! And, don't get discouraged ... there were plenty of weeks where I would gain like .3 lbs or lose only .1 ... but if you look at the picture over the long term ... you're still losing! Just stick with it!

Here's a website you might find helpful (someone may have already posted it):
                Dottie's Weight Loss Zone
                Dotti's Weight Loss Zone

She's calculated points for a ton of food at different restaurants.

Best Wishes!

#8 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

I've never tried weight watchers before, but was thinking about joining. I was trying to lose weight on my own, but I think I need something more structured. I'd like to lose 50 pounds, and my wedding is 11-7-08. Does it make sense to join now or wait until January. I've gone down one pant size so far, but the scale hasn't budged much yet.
                  Michelle

#9 jenvh

jenvh
                  • 135 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    I've never tried weight watchers before, but was thinking about joining. I was trying to lose weight on my own, but I think I need something more structured. I'd like to lose 50 pounds, and my wedding is 11-7-08. Does it make sense to join now or wait until January. I've gone down one pant size so far, but the scale hasn't budged much yet.
                    No time like the present. I assume once you lose weight for your wedding you will want to keep it off, so you might as well start learning new eating habits. The old ones are really hard to break.

#10 CrystalVegas

CrystalVegas
                    • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by yari2566@mac.com
                      So happy people want to do this!

I am have great news...I weighed in this morning and lost 4 pounds!

My goal is to lose a total of 50 pounds...and I've lost a total of 8 this month.

42 pounds to go!
                      That is great yari (sorry I don't know your first name)!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users