Our OOT bags

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sunny55143

• 84 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I totally forgot to take pictures of our welcome bags at the wedding but now that we're back from the honeymoon, I took some pics of our leftovers.

Bags from discountmugs.com - 50 for $2.99 each (+ $50 screen charge)

Plastic cups & koozies from discountfavors.com - 80 for $0.50 each and $1.99 each, respectively (+ $50 screen charge)

We printed the tags ourselves on cardstock from Target and bought ribbon from Michaels.

Stuff in our "wedding week survival kit", which was put into a plastic bag with a label

- Aloe Vera from minimus.biz - 80 for $1.41 each

- Emergen-C from Amazon.com - 80ct box for $25.95

- Advil from Amazon.com - two 50ct boxes for $12.32 each

- Pepto tablets from Amazon.com - three 48ct boxes for $16.13 total

- Shout Wipes from Amazon.com - 80ct box for $21.60

- Sunscreen from Amazon.com - three 24ct boxes for $20.99 each (+ $5.99 shipping)

- NOT SHOWN: hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works - $0.41 each not shown

* I used Amazon a lot because I had a $100 gift card.  Otherwise, it might not have been the cheapest option.

Our wedding "facebook" - printed and bound in my mother-in-law's office 

Inside cover with a welcome letter and photo sharing info

Sample page - we had 72 guests so we made sure to get started on everyone's "profile" as soon as we knew they were coming!

All of the stuff in the bag (not including the facebook) ended up costing us about $680 total.  Each guest received one of every item except for the tote bag which was given to single guests & couples.  A lot of people used the bags and cups around the resort which was a great way to identify people - all in all, a big hit!

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I love the idea of your "Facebook"!  

#3 Dazeydawl

• 861 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

awesome bags!!! I love the facebook idea!

#4 MexicoHereICome

• 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

I started a facebook "book" myself but I haven't put it together, I LOVE how yours came out! Congrats

#5 Islander88

• 120 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

love the facebook idea!

#6 melissa1017

• 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I've been trying to find a cheap place for cups.  Gonna check out discountfavors.com!

#7 lkterry

• 157 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

The facebook is cute!

#8 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

I love your logo so much I featured it on my blog! It makes me smile to see it on your OOT bags! I also like your Facebook, that's an incredible amount of work and a special keepsake for your loved ones. 

#9 sunny55143

• 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thanks ladies!  Two of my fiance's older sisters had DWs in Mexico and they both did facebooks, so that's where I got the idea.  Ours were definitely big hits and we had a lot of fun coming up with entries for people!

I got inspiration for other welcome bag stuff from this forum too so thanks to everyone here for the great ideas!

#10 MissBubbles205

• 1,350 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

OMG... I LOVE your "facebook" that's exactly what I had in mind but had no clue how to put it together.. Do you mind sharing more details on this? And how much it ended up costing you?  I think we have one of those binding machines laying around my work. :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users