Photo

Where can i have my FREE welcome mixer - ROR

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

What area is free to have my guests congegate and lounge in for our welcome mixer @ 6:00pm? I got these from the website, but I'm not sure which area will accomodate my 65 guests.

* Mammee Bay" poolside restaurant

* "Plantation" poolside restaurant

* "Blue Mountain" lobby bar with terrace

* "Bob Marley" bar

* "Dunn's River" bar

* "Reggae" and "Rastafari", two poolside bars with swim-up bar

* "Seagrape" beach bar

* Sports bar

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

I have never been there so I don't know how large these places are, but the response I got from Chandlyn was that I could use either the sports bar for free or Seagrapes for $10 per person. I am going with Seagrapes because I heard from others that the sports bar is sort of dingy and not a great place. Jamy (starchild) may have better insight though because she went to ROR for her honeymoon, so you could ask her and see what she thinks of the different bars!

#3 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

I wish i could have it at the Seagrape. I don't have anymore money in my budget......I have to find a free place somewhere on the resort. Maybe I'll just say alongside the beach??

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by md_ocr
          I wish i could have it at the Seagrape. I don't have anymore money in my budget......I have to find a free place somewhere on the resort. Maybe I'll just say alongside the beach??
          I'm sure you could do that...great idea!

#5 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
          • 716 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Since it's an AI can't you just have everyone meet at one of the locations? Is it possible to make a reservation? I thought it was supposed to be "FREE"...

#6 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:53 PM

Mo, do you have a picture of the "Lobby Bar"? I want light cocktails to be served while I'm passing out the OOT bags.

#7 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
              • 203 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hi, I have been to the Riu before and I would suggest the lobby bar. The beachside/ pool bars all close by 6pm. You wont be able to have drinks "served" directly to your guests unless you pay for the private party. But if you are all just going to "meet" someplace like the lobby then there is a bar there that you can go up and just have your guests order there own drinks for free.

#8 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

okay, thanks Jerzzygirl. Is this bar in the actual lobby of the hotel or is it at another location that is just called the "lobby bar". The reason that i'm asking is because I've been there once before but I don't remember seeing any bars in the grand lobby area.

#9 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                  • 203 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

No its not actually in the lobby. Its the bar thats closest to the lobby. Right next to theater. Across from the seagrape bar.

#10 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                    • 802 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
                      No its not actually in the lobby. Its the bar thats closest to the lobby. Right next to theater. Across from the seagrape bar.
                      Is it an outdoor bar? Because I think the sportsbar is inside and I've heard that it can be a bit stifling in there. Does anybody have any pictures of the "Lobby Bar". I want to put it on our website. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users