Photo

Gifts for parents

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Is anyone getting there parents and future in laws a wedding gift? I saw some really cute handkerchiefs on etsy with cute little sayings on them. I think I may get those, but wanted others opinions.

#2 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Amanda, I was thinking the same thing.  I read in a post from a fellow RPRM bride (from last year) who said she got her mother a handkerchief as a gift that said the following, "Today a bride, tomorrow a wife, forever a daughter.  Thank you for teaching me to love with all my heart."  She then signed it with her mom's pet/nickname for her and the wedding date.  I loved that idea and will do that for my Mom.  I am unsure what to do for my future in-laws...

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#3 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
    • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I found some really good quotes on www.weddinghankies.com. The only thing I don't like is the quote is not on the hanky instead its on a card and just your date on the hanky.

#4 elissae

elissae
      • 631 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Well that stinks!  I also just checked out that website and they are not taking anymore orders until they catch up on their present ones.  

#5 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
      • 177 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

That's a cute idea. Unfortunately, my parents aren't "hanky" kind of people. I am getting them the family tree from Hallmark: http://www.hallmark....amily-tree.aspx and putting pics of our family on it from the wedding. It can be added to once we have children :)

#6 elissae

elissae
        • 631 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

LOL Realcdngirl!  My mom isn't really a "hanky" persom either, but I loved the saying and know it will come in handy on the wedding day with her tears.

I love the family tree gift  Perfect idea!

Originally Posted by Realcdngirl 

That's a cute idea. Unfortunately, my parents aren't "hanky" kind of people. I am getting them the family tree from Hallmark: http://www.hallmark....amily-tree.aspx and putting pics of our family on it from the wedding. It can be added to once we have children :)

#7 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
        • 200 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I also saw some cute bracelets on Etsy somewhere that said mother of the bride and had alittle charm.

#8 mrlddst

mrlddst
          • 222 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm getting all of the parents hankys whether they are hanky people or not. They come in gift boxes and you can also include a poem. I brought mine from a seller on etsy.

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#9 cindy2013

cindy2013
            • 189 posts
            • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
            • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by elissae 

Amanda, I was thinking the same thing.  I read in a post from a fellow RPRM bride (from last year) who said she got her mother a handkerchief as a gift that said the following, "Today a bride, tomorrow a wife, forever a daughter.  Thank you for teaching me to love with all my heart."  She then signed it with her mom's pet/nickname for her and the wedding date.  I loved that idea and will do that for my Mom.  I am unsure what to do for my future in-laws...

Ooh I love that!!!  My parents would be in tears though, they have already shed some tears after looking at the rough copy of our invitations...oh boy!

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#10 Islander88

Islander88
            • 120 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

these are some really cute ideas.i hve to start searching as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic