Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Originally Posted by Sarah Wu View Post

I just finished my wedding invites using the L Letterpress machine at home. I just wanted to share these photos : ) Enjoy!

562935_10150777201455827_511940826_9675187_1308347408_n.jpg

 

548096_10150777201630827_511940826_9675188_1395225699_n.jpg

 

-Sarah

 

These are beautiful.. how did you do these? Sorry im not a crafty person and have no idea what a letterpress is

also where did you get the rhinestone rings and are they expensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

 

These are beautiful.. how did you do these? Sorry im not a crafty person and have no idea what a letterpress is

also where did you get the rhinestone rings and are they expensive?

 

 

Hi Ali,
Thank you so much! Letterpress is a relief printing technique using a press which raised the surface of the type. I checked the prices at couple printing shops and 25 sets of invites (4 cards each set) it's going to cost me more then $1200.00. I didn't want to spent that much on the invites so I went DIY way.
I follow a tutorial from here http://www.boxcarpress.com/us/blog/2009/11/ and ordered a plate from them by sending in my design.

I brought the press and inks from amazon  http://www.amazon.com/Lifestyle-Crafts-Letterpress-Combo-Epic/dp/B002WZLI7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335498620&sr=8-1


There's two place I got the rhinestone from:
http://www.haitrim.com/ ($3.00 each)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZA882C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 ($11.99 for 12)

Papers: http://www.paperpresentation.com
I hope this help. :)
Best,
Sarah
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Sarah Wu View Post

 

 

 

Hi Ali,
Thank you so much! Letterpress is a relief printing technique using a press which raised the surface of the type. I checked the prices at couple printing shops and 25 sets of invites (4 cards each set) it's going to cost me more then $1200.00. I didn't want to spent that much on the invites so I went DIY way.
I follow a tutorial from here http://www.boxcarpress.com/us/blog/2009/11/ and ordered a plate from them by sending in my design.

I brought the press and inks from amazon  http://www.amazon.com/Lifestyle-Crafts-Letterpress-Combo-Epic/dp/B002WZLI7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335498620&sr=8-1


There's two place I got the rhinestone from:
http://www.haitrim.com/ ($3.00 each)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZA882C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 ($11.99 for 12)

Papers: http://www.paperpresentation.com
I hope this help. :)
Best,
Sarah
 

 

LOL i tried reading that turtorial but i think its still too advanced for me.. but i like the buckle and ribbon.. that i could do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

 

LOL i tried reading that turtorial but i think its still too advanced for me.. but i like the buckle and ribbon.. that i could do

 

hee hee good luck with your invite. Oh btw I use glue dot sticker to glue the ribbon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by starchild View Post

Wow I didn't know you could DIY letterpress that way, really well done!

 

Thank you Starchild.. It was fun process tooo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×