Jump to content

Photo

your vision


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

    Hey ladies! Whats your vision for your wedding.. colors, theme, decor?

     

    I dont want to do the traditional beach theme just because im doing a destination wedding, Im hoping to do a vintage theme, my colors are neutrals like ivory and burlap with deep purple (eggplant and aubergine) i might throw some coral or pink into the flowers but im not sure yet and im obsessed with lace



    #2 Dazeydawl

    Dazeydawl
    • Member
    • 861 posts

      Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

      this is my first style board of my visionboard1.jpg



      #3 Krs398

      Krs398
      • Jr. Member
      • 166 posts

        Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

        i'm doing aqua, light yellow, a little bit of fuschia and some burlap in the decor. i love your colors so far... i would've liked that but my mom insisted on color! i barely got away with the burlap...



        #4 cindy2013

        cindy2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 189 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
        • LocationOttawa, Ontario

        Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

        Hi everyone!

         

        I'm doing a turquiose, purple, white and silver.  I want seashells and starfish to compliment the colors as well, but not too much of that.  Some glam too, if I can incorporate it!


        Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

         

        http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

        blinginbloom@outlook.com

        @blinginbloom

        IG: blinginbloom

         

        IMG_4232.JPG

         


        #5 Dazeydawl

        Dazeydawl
        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

           

          Originally Posted by cindy2013 

          Hi everyone!

           

          I'm doing a turquiose, purple, white and silver.  I want seashells and starfish to compliment the colors as well, but not too much of that.  Some glam too, if I can incorporate it!

           

          Glam is so easy to incorporate into any theme.. you just need to add some sparkly!!! lol i will also be incorporating that



          #6 ChocoTaco7568

          ChocoTaco7568
          • Member
          • 955 posts

            Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

            I actually considered a very similar scheme: burlap, lace, ivory and chartreuse but I quickly realized that for me to execute my vision my cost would be more than I budgeted for. While I don't have a "theme" my colors are chartreuse and sangria and I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to put together so far.

             

             

            Quote:

            Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

            Hey ladies! Whats your vision for your wedding.. colors, theme, decor?

             

            I dont want to do the traditional beach theme just because im doing a destination wedding, Im hoping to do a vintage theme, my colors are neutrals like ivory and burlap with deep purple (eggplant and aubergine) i might throw some coral or pink into the flowers but im not sure yet and im obsessed with lace

             

             



            #7 dominiqueamber

            dominiqueamber
            • Member
            • 923 posts

              Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

              Is it becoming a trend, we all have similar tastes with the lace and burlap. I'm going for contrast of organic/rustic/beachy and vintage/glam/sparkly. It's the hardest thing to describe but I plan to use shades of white/taupe, peach, blush pink & rose gold/copper accented with navy and seafoam. I'm using elegant details like crystals and glitter against burlap, wood and bamboo. Because of my love for the sea I'm using sand, shells, conch shells, coral, seahorses, sea urchins, starfish, ect

               

              I love chartreuse and haven't seen it in a wedding, I can't wait to see your pictures!

              Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

              I actually considered a very similar scheme: burlap, lace, ivory and chartreuse but I quickly realized that for me to execute my vision my cost would be more than I budgeted for. While I don't have a "theme" my colors are chartreuse and sangria and I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to put together so far.

               

               

              Quote:

               

               

               

               



              #8 Dazeydawl

              Dazeydawl
              • Member
              • 861 posts

                Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

                 

                Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

                Is it becoming a trend, we all have similar tastes with the lace and burlap. I'm going for contrast of organic/rustic/beachy and vintage/glam/sparkly. It's the hardest thing to describe but I plan to use shades of white/taupe, peach, blush pink & rose gold/copper accented with navy and seafoam. I'm using elegant details like crystals and glitter against burlap, wood and bamboo. Because of my love for the sea I'm using sand, shells, conch shells, coral, seahorses, sea urchins, starfish, ect

                 

                I love chartreuse and haven't seen it in a wedding, I can't wait to see your pictures!

                 

                 

                 

                i also plan on incorporating some sparkly as well because thats just me. As burlap and lace is trendy right now.. it is also very me and my fiance, i would be described as very girly, delicate princess like with my love of things shiny and sparkly, while my fiance is ruggedly handsom very manly lol almost lumberjackish hahaha... hence hes burlap and im lace



                #9 ChocoTaco7568

                ChocoTaco7568
                • Member
                • 955 posts

                  Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

                  I was also considering the masculine and feminine symbolism with burlap and lace. I thought it would make the decor and theme or our wedding reflect both of us not just me and my Fi was really into it too.  But he also likes with chartreuse and sangria since the colors are “bold and not to girly”.

                   

                  Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

                  As burlap and lace is trendy right now.. it is also very me and my fiance, i would be described as very girly, delicate princess like with my love of things shiny and sparkly, while my fiance is ruggedly handsom very manly lol almost lumberjackish hahaha... hence hes burlap and im lace

                   

                  I'm overwhelmed just reading the description of your theme. But I've just started looking through your blog and I have full faith that it will turn out beautifully and well executed.

                   

                  I love chartreuse, it's my favorite color.  I don't think it's done much in weddings simply because it's hard to pull of.  It's not the easiest color to shop for everything, is lime, olive or mint, not quite chartreuse.

                   

                  Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

                  Is it becoming a trend, we all have similar tastes with the lace and burlap. I'm going for contrast of organic/rustic/beachy and vintage/glam/sparkly. It's the hardest thing to describe but I plan to use shades of white/taupe, peach, blush pink & rose gold/copper accented with navy and seafoam. I'm using elegant details like crystals and glitter against burlap, wood and bamboo. Because of my love for the sea I'm using sand, shells, conch shells, coral, seahorses, sea urchins, starfish, ect

                   

                  I love chartreuse and haven't seen it in a wedding, I can't wait to see your pictures!

                   

                   

                   

                   



                  #10 shanloveslexi

                  shanloveslexi
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 155 posts

                    Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

                    I love the natural colors of the beach/sand with splashes of bright tropical colors. So, I am focusing on using ivory, sand, lime green, fuschia, cobalt blue and orange. Can you tell I had a hard time picking two colors...figured I'd pick them all! :)






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users