Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#21 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • Member
  • 955 posts

    Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

    Hey cinnagirl,

     

    We're in the same boat and I think we're planning at a good pace.

     

    Dress purchased

    Wedding venue booked

    Group rates secured/rooms blocked

    Photographer booked

    Best Man and Woman confirmed (this is the extent of our bridal Party)

     

    My big project right now is completing my wedding website by the end of May. And I have finalized my design for my wedding invites (not doing STDs). I'll be assembleing them in May and mailing sometime in June.

    Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

     

    How far along is everyone with their planning? That's what I'm curious to know! So far we have our venue and photographer booked, we're waiting on pricing for our resort and we have our wedding parties picked. And I have my dress. :)

     

     



    #22 nursebrooke

    nursebrooke
    • Newbie
    • 95 posts

      Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

      Congrats to all the May 2013 brides!! I am planning a May 3, 2013 wedding at Beach Palace in Cancun. I have yet to finalize the date and place I am VERY indecisive. But I plan to commit in the next week. Any other Cancun brides?


      Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3


      #23 TauruSmith

      TauruSmith
      • Jr. Member
      • 198 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

      Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

       

      Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

      Hey cinnagirl,

       

      We're in the same boat and I think we're planning at a good pace.

       

      Dress purchased

      Wedding venue booked

      Group rates secured/rooms blocked

      Photographer booked

      Best Man and Woman confirmed (this is the extent of our bridal Party)

       

      My big project right now is completing my wedding website by the end of May. And I have finalized my design for my wedding invites (not doing STDs). I'll be assembleing them in May and mailing sometime in June.

       

       

       

      So far:

       

      *dress purchased (needs alterations)

      *venue booked

      *group rate/ rooms blocked

      *Save the Dates are en route to my house right now

      *Brainstorming decor and favors (must have OOT bags and maracas) I am thinking all white with teal accents for decorations

       

       

      We have not finalized our wedding party and are thinking about adding a photographer and using the resort photographer for the rehearsal dinner since I am picky about the pictures.



      #24 bride81

      bride81
      • Jr. Member
      • 216 posts

        Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

        so far we have~

         

        *hotel booked

        *website made (still need a few updates, not many)

        *photographer booked

        *dj booked

        *working on finalizing group rates with TA

        *wedding party mostly complete. FI still needs to invite 2 more of his "boys"

         

        Now I am working on the completion of STD's.  My goal is to get them out by 5.18



        #25 Dazeydawl

        Dazeydawl
        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

          I really feel behind

           

          all we have is

           

          *resort booked

           

          thats about it. We are not doing STD or a website as 85% of our guests are booked as well. but i guess i should get going with everything else



          #26 MissBubbles205

          MissBubbles205
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,350 posts

            Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

            WOW... I feel really behind now... :o(   How have you ladies booked your resorts without the sale prices being out yet??.. Or maybe this is just the case with my resort choices.  :o(

             

            We haven't confirmed anything yet due to the sale prices not being out, but we are hoping to have our Wedding Ceremony on Paradise Isalnd, Bahamas at the Augustinian Cloisters located at the One and Only resort on Wednesday, May the 29th. And we were set on Atlantis for the place for us and our guests to stay, but now I'm wondering if we should try to go with an all-inclusive on Paradise Island instead.

             

            We plan to arrive on Monday the 27th, I believe that's the day of Memorial day so many people will be leaving out that day.  I hope!.. I totally forgot about that being Memorial week after I was set on our date choice.

             

            We are choosing to do the ceremony during the week because flight prices are cheaper for our guests at that time and One and Only promised us a later ceremony time frame if we went with a Wednesdaay. :o)

             

             



            #27 allieplask

            allieplask
            • Jr. Member
            • 177 posts

              Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

              I feel behind too.  We have a website and a resort picked.  We picked out bridal parties too.

               

              But that is it!  No colors, no dress, no details!  We do have our save-the-dates done, just haven't had them printed yet or sent them out!

               

              Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

              WOW... I feel really behind now... :o(   How have you ladies booked your resorts without the sale prices being out yet??.. Or maybe this is just the case with my resort choices.  :o(

               

              We haven't confirmed anything yet due to the sale prices not being out, but we are hoping to have our Wedding Ceremony on Paradise Isalnd, Bahamas at the Augustinian Cloisters located at the One and Only resort on Wednesday, May the 29th. And we were set on Atlantis for the place for us and our guests to stay, but now I'm wondering if we should try to go with an all-inclusive on Paradise Island instead.

               

              We plan to arrive on Monday the 27th, I believe that's the day of Memorial day so many people will be leaving out that day.  I hope!.. I totally forgot about that being Memorial week after I was set on our date choice.

               

              We are choosing to do the ceremony during the week because flight prices are cheaper for our guests at that time and One and Only promised us a later ceremony time frame if we went with a Wednesdaay. :o)

               

               

               

               


              wedding website: www.allienick.com


              #28 ChocoTaco7568

              ChocoTaco7568
              • Member
              • 955 posts

                Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

                Allie and Miss Bubbles

                 

                No Need to feel behind, we still have 13 months! That’s the great thing about the May 2013 thread, we  get to share our journey and keep each other on track and inspired. If anything some of us might be ahead of the curve a bit.  

                 

                I know that TauruSmith, Bride81 and I are all having our weddings at various AM All-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya which might be why we’re able to have room rates secured and everything booked. My wedding has been reserved since January and I signed my contract for group rates and my room block in March (all of which are based on 2012 rates).  The only unknown is airfare since flights won’t be published until June. And since I have people flying in from 5 different states I wasn’t trying to get a packaged flight/accomodations deal.

                 

                Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

                WOW... I feel really behind now... :o(   How have you ladies booked your resorts without the sale prices being out yet??.. Or maybe this is just the case with my resort choices.  :o(

                 

                 



                #29 truchis

                truchis
                • Newbie
                • 14 posts

                  Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

                  ChocoTaco, thanks for inviting me to this thread!! Hi ladies, I will hopefully be a May 2013 bride in the Riviera Maya!!! My fiance and I still haven't decided on a venue and I'm getting really nervous that we won't get May if we wait too long! We are planning on going to the Riviera Maya the last week of July 2012 to visit places and do all the planning we can onsite. My FI doesn't want to decide until we do site visits in July!! Do you ladies think it's a big risk? Should I book places now that give 100% refund 6 months before the wedding? I have looked a lot on-line but nothing seems right... This is what we want in a venue:

                  -Chapel since it will be a Catholic ceremony

                  -We had hoped to have an outside venue on the beach or garden or at least a ball room with a view to the ocean (but from what I have read most AI resorts don't allow beach weddings late at night?)

                  -We want the reception to go on until 2am at least

                  -We are planning on having 100-120 guests

                   

                  Because of all this I was looking at non-resort venues: Xcaret and Secret Jewel in Playa del Secreto... Xcaret is waaay over our budget :( unfortunately, because it looks beautiful. Secret Jewel seems like a good option, but people keep telling me that we will save a lot of $$ if we do it at an AI resort. I don't know what to do!!

                   

                  Any suggestions, ladies? Did anyone do on-site visits before booking?

                   

                  Thanks in advance! And aside from my frustration of not having a place yet, I am so excited to be part of this thread!! :)



                  #30 MissBubbles205

                  MissBubbles205
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,350 posts

                    Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

                     I wish I could get my rooms booked already!.. At a regular price of around 500 a night, I'm sure our guests will be thankful of us waiting for sale prices though.. I want to book the Cloisters ASAP to secure our day and time frame, but we loose 2350 regardless of why we might cancel.. So Hopefully Atlantis will pull through for us soon.  If anyone has been to the Bahamas, is there an AI you recommend on Paradise Island or close by? 

                     

                    Seems like its easy and stress-free to book in Cancun and Riviera Maya.. Makes me wish we would have chosen a place at one of those locations..

                     

                    Quote:

                    Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

                    Allie and Miss Bubbles

                     

                    No Need to feel behind, we still have 13 months! That’s the great thing about the May 2013 thread, we  get to share our journey and keep each other on track and inspired. If anything some of us might be ahead of the curve a bit.  

                     

                    I know that TauruSmith, Bride81 and I are all having our weddings at various AM All-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya which might be why we’re able to have room rates secured and everything booked. My wedding has been reserved since January and I signed my contract for group rates and my room block in March (all of which are based on 2012 rates).  The only unknown is airfare since flights won’t be published until June. And since I have people flying in from 5 different states I wasn’t trying to get a packaged flight/accomodations deal.

                     

                     

                     

                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users