5307 replies to this topic

#811 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
  • 683 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I had the Divine package and used the DJ instead of the live muscian. The pink lights were set up in the Bamboo room and I did not pay anything extra for them.

That's awesome! I'm hoping to be able to use a DJ instead of the live muscian as well! Did u have to pay anything extra or was it an even swap?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#812 tamarack

tamarack
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

1550 is a great price! how long ago did you book?

I booked in June of this year with Transat vacations. The price includes airfare from Winnipeg to Cancun and one week at a tropical view room. I noticed prices have gone up on various websites like 1travel2000..but I'm pretty sure you can get a lower price when booking a group rate.

#813 tamarack

tamarack
    • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

We negotiated (from our travel agent):

Every 6th room free (to a maximum of 3 free rooms) –  this includes 2 adults – who have to book full package (based on the lowest room category booked at Double Occupancy).  It includes: free flight from Toronto to Cancun and hotel.  They will only have to pay the taxes and the add-on connector flight should they fly from elsewhere.

So, it would look something like this – again – these amounts are only an approximation as I will not receive confirmation from Air Canada until we are quite close to the final payment deadline:

Per free room - $1625.62 - $313 (taxes – they are higher than Sunquest) = $1312.62 x 2 people = $2625.24 per room (maximum 3 free rooms).

Thats a fantastic deal!

#814 tamarack

tamarack
      • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Have you completed the "Wedding Planning Form" yet? It was like an 8-10 pg document, where you detail everything on it. I'll attach mine here, so you can see what I mean...after I sent it to Pilar, she replied with the answers to the questions I asked, and then attached the invoice as a pdf.  We received this planning form from our wedding planner at Blue Petal, not from Pilar.

Would you mind sending me this planning form as well:) It sounds like it is very helpful.

Attached Files

#815 chantal09

chantal09
        • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

That's awesome! I'm hoping to be able to use a DJ instead of the live muscian as well! Did u have to pay anything extra or was it an even swap?

Pilar just swapped this for me! No extra charge!

#816 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
          • 683 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

Pilar just swapped this for me! No extra charge!

Great! I'm hoping for the same! Thanks for letting me know! ;)

Do you know how long you have it for? Is it for the whole reception?

#817 nikkole025

nikkole025
          • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Does anyone know if they provide the vases and sand for the sand ceremony?

#818 Jenntim311

Jenntim311
            • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hello fellow brides!!! I am trying to decide on our centerpieces, and want to incorporate starfish, but have heard that they are not allowed through customs. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks for your help!!

#819 chantal09

chantal09
              • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Great! I'm hoping for the same! Thanks for letting me know! ;)

Do you know how long you have it for? Is it for the whole reception?

Usually the receptions are 3 hours in length unless you pay for additional time. If oy just trade your live music it is worth 2 hours DJ time. For us we have extended the reception so we will pay for a bit of time also. If you keep at 3 hours you could use ipod for dinner music and have the DJ do the remaining 2 hours? 

#820 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                • 683 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Does anyone know if they provide the vases and sand for the sand ceremony?

I heard somewhere (I can't remember where I read it, possibly on the 1st page of this thread..) but I read somewhere that they will provide it for $60 or so. I'm debating on whether to do a sand ceremony or not. I think it's a nice touch in place of the unity candle, but I don't wanna deal with dragging the vase there and back home with the sand in it.. Is everyone doing one? Anyone skipping it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users